Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San francisco berkely college apts

Options
  • 09-12-2009 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey, i was just wonderin can nyone tell me if Berkely college apts in san francisco are any good, im not fussy at all but im goin over next summer for the j1 and i just want to know what theyre like.

Also do you know how much rent is in the frat houses?

And is it as easy to get a job over there as the companies say?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

My three friends and I rented a sizeable room in a frat house this summer for $2200. That's a really good deal when it was divided among us. Jobs are probably hard to get in Berkeley, but San Fran is only across the bay and a 20-25 minute ride on the BART. That is where most people get their jobs. Try Abercrombie & Fitch or Hollister. Those idiots would hire anyone with the slighest ability to comlete normal tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

If you want to spend the summer in San Francisco, then live in San Francisco.
    Living in Berkley is like going to live/work in Dublin and getting a bedsit out in Ashbourne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jack89

ok thx, but i wudnt mind the commute cos i heard berkely is a university town so mite b a bita craic! do u think bein 30 mins away from san fran had an effect on work or enjoying yourself or nytin?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

I only stayed out in Berkeley for 2 weeks, didnt like it so moved back into San Francisco.
    Nightlife-wise theres about a half dozen pubs in Berkeley, and you'll be hanging around with gangs of Irish students. Theres the odd frat party too.

For me the nightlife in SF was 100 times better - proper clubs and bars etc, loads of cool parties to go to and lots of hot chicks.

Mind you I was 23 when I was there, if you're under 21 then stay in Berkeley cos you get carded every time you wanna go to a bar or buy booze in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I stayed in Pilam on channing way last summer was the best summer of my life.. mind you jobs were imposssible.. there were 10 Irish in our house and two had jobs.. we paid 800 for a room per month and that came unfurnished so just watch for that i nearly cried when i seen an empty room lol

I would totaly recommend going to live in the frats you will make great friends and there is someone to hang out with every night..

PM me and il give you there details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement