Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spaying question

Options
  • 09-12-2009 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

My 2 kittens (now about 20 weeks) havent been spayed yet or even set foot outside yet for that matter..
    Will spaying calm them down a little - they are maniacs and are systematically ripping my chairs, curtains and rugs to shreds.
    Also, is it best to keep them indoors and leave the outdoor toilet training until after they have been done.
    I am planning to get the job done in January.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Yes, keep them in until they are done, you don't want any accidents.

Have you tried getting them a scratch-post? Might save your stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Scratching post or even better a cat tree will keep them busy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

glynngo wrote: »
    My 2 kittens (now about 20 weeks) havent been spayed yet or even set foot outside yet for that matter..
    Will spaying calm them down a little - they are maniacs and are systematically ripping my chairs, curtains and rugs to shreds.
    quote]

Oh yes this brings back memories!!!:D
    Spaying won't necessarily calm them down, this I find only happens with age but at least you have 2 to tire each other out. As others have suggested scratching post are a good idea to save you home from damage.

Advertisement