Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Photowalk in Dublin Sat 12th

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DenaW

Thanks to everyone who came along. It was lovely to meet you all.

I think most of you have uploaded your pics by now & there are some brilliant ones. If not, please can you upload them to Bord Gáis group on pix.ie here - http://pix.ie/group/christmas09

Thanks a mil.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Did anyone get a photo of the old engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

I did, thank you very much mister one2one. I was sneaky and went to Maynooth.
    908144D981FD4D5E90BB1AC44749E531-800.jpg

3D43CAE74116463C884641171A0DE8B1-800.jpg
    Not sure how this pic linking to my pix.ie works but there is the album link below.

http://pix.ie/sinisterdexter/album/363317

Very good set there. Well done.

For anyone else thats interested in getting a shot, the times for Saturday 19th are:

Pearse ( depart ) : 1030 1355 1658
    Maynooth (arrive): 1110 1434 1743
    Maynooth (depart): 1205 1515 1815

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

The train does be at Maynooth for about a half-hour, while the engine gets refilled with water, goes up the track and reverses back down the second track. The engine ends up going back to Dublin in reverse.

The station attendant had no problem letting me and my gf onto the platform without a ticket, once he knew we were there for the steam train.

• Advertisement

Please note due to a technical problem with RPSI Steam loco no 4, a Diesal railcar from IE maybe be used instead.

Yes, more information on www.rpsi-online.org. I'm a volunteer for them, great day out I must say. If anyone is planning on heading out on Saturday, PM me and I'll give you details and I *might* show you the interior of the carraiges.

*might*: Depending on how busy the crew are, and if I'm free.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Would anyone have any tips on shooting the steam trains in Pearse, Tara or Connolly? I'm new enough to this game. Any particular f-stop recommended to start with and then I can just try different settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Steam trains have fantastic feature - the steam. It is fluid medium, that flows, bends and twirls. If you have tripod, try to increase the aperture number to maximum to get some motion blur (of the steam) with static sharp engine.
    Otherwise it is like photography of everything else. Keep at least something in focus, check your metering against your palm (if the engine is too dark) to prevent incorrect exposure, try different angles of viewing (go lower, use bridges), shoot as much as you can, because it is for free (on digital) and you can always delete photos afterwards.

Advertisement