Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams!!!!!!!

Options
  • 09-12-2009 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

:eek: I hate exams!!

I didn't know how I was going to do, and then I did two, and I still don't know how I am going to do!!! I am pretty sure I kicked ass in one of them, but the other one I don't know. I have three left and one of them is going to be easy (I hope!!!:D) and then party!!!! Can't wait for Christmas holidays!!

How are all of you doing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JBUCD

2 down. 1 exam was hard but I expected that. Other exam was easy. Have four exams left. None of them easy but I dont think I should have a problem with them anyway. Exam tommorow at 6.00 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

calm down there Sarah,they're only exams:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

fatal wrote: »
    calm down there Sarah,they're only exams:rolleyes:

Don't discourage the girl. OMG exam stress!!111!!!11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

I don't start until Friday which is madness really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

madness.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

3 down and 4 to go!

I have to say Sarah, I expected more from one of your threads.

I was looking forward to in depth detail on the ass kicking her exam got but was left disappointed as well Notorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

1 down, 4 to go, amount of chocolate being eaten while studying is increasing by more than I'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

You can pass some of that chocolate my way if you want. I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Perhaps you want to redeem yourself Sarah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SarahChambers

I cant do cool threads anymore, I lost my powers when I got banned from After Hours. I am gone...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ilovejames

i know its not an exam BUT i have an assignment due Friday i have no motivation to do it what so ever i just wanna lie down and watch telly :mad:
    and eat
    and have a drink
    ANYTHING but the assignment i've been avoiding it all week!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I cant do cool threads anymore, I lost my powers when I got banned from After Hours. I am gone...

Ah come back Sarah..and where did that LOGIC guy disappear to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

2 down, 3 to go. Reasonably happy with the first two. Its my last exam next tuesday I'm dreading. It's a 10 credit module and is disgracefully difficult:(

I'm surviving on red bull these days, however when I get home Im still so wired that I can't sleep which means I'm knackered the next day so need to drink more red bull... It's a vicious circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ah lol i saw that actually,funny stuff :D be a gud gal next time!!

1 more on Sat and i will be a free man!!!freee!!!no wait,i have the intro of thesis to hand in next wednesday.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I suppose this is the place for exam-related ranting too? First exam today, first in 19 months actually. For a college whose library staff take silence and study atmosphere so seriously, it's an awful pity the invigilators in the RDS don't take preventative measures against exam disturbance.

First of all I'd like to congratulate whoever thought it'd be a good idea to send people in to exams with lollipops. Now I know we all need a bit of sugar every now and then to give us a lift, but not in the exam hall. A girl two rows over from me in the main hall this morning spent 4 minutes (I'm not exaggerating) of a one hour exam wrestling with the plastic around her lolly, trying to get it off. Drew a lot of negative attention from the people around her who were trying to get on with the task at hand, but the invigilators remained oblivious throughout. If you're gonna suck on a lolly in your exam, get a special needs assistant to help you get the foil off. Or better still save lolly sucking in academic settings for Britney Spears videos.

Secondly, women should be banned from wearing high heels in exam halls. I thought the horse show had returned to the RDS prematurely at a quarter to two today. They should be informed in advance to bring a change of footwear, or face removing them before admission to the halls. It's not a fashion show, I don't care if you're going to Crowes afterwards, the exam hall doesn't need clip clop sounds effects every time you need to use the toilets.

I've also heard from colleagues that the Industries Hall features a very annoying swinging door that creates draughts for those sitting nearby, and must swing, like a pendulum, to a close every time it's opened by those using the toilets during exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

upmeath wrote: »
    Secondly, women should be banned from wearing high heels in exam halls. I thought the horse show had returned to the RDS prematurely at a quarter to two today. They should be informed in advance to bring a change of footwear, or face removing them before admission to the halls. It's not a fashion show, I don't care if you're going to Crowes afterwards, the exam hall doesn't need clip clop sounds effects every time you need to use the toilets.

(sadly or gladly?) that i never see girls wear high heels in exams:D

but thats just madness!!!who wear high heels to exams???

UCD student:pac::pac::pac:

MADNESS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Bring some earplugs next time or report the person to the invigilator. The invigilator has to look over about 100+ students each so its not an easy task

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

seraphimvc wrote: »
    (sadly or gladly?) that i never see girls wear high heels in exams:D

but thats just madness!!!who wear high heels to exams???

UCD student:pac::pac::pac:

MADNESS!!

Yep, it happens. Obviously not stilettos open to the elements, but plenty of girls there today in ankle boots, some in knee high boots with a heel, all making a dreadful racket with their footwear of choice.
    Bring some earplugs next time or report the person to the invigilator. The invigilator has to look over about 100+ students each so its not an easy task

I don't think it's fair to expect the student to incur any extra expense or have to adjust to using earplugs, I don't study with them, therefore I won't do my exam with them. The invigilators should be on the look-out for these things, and the SU, if that's who gives out the sweets in plastic packaging, should get their act together and think about what's really needed going into the exam. I don't know, maybe earplugs for all would be better than lollipops for some on the way into exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

First of all I'd like to congratulate whoever thought it'd be a good idea to send people in to exams with lollipops. Now I know we all need a bit of sugar every now and then to give us a lift, but not in the exam hall. A girl two rows over from me in the main hall this morning spent 4 minutes (I'm not exaggerating) of a one hour exam wrestling with the plastic around her lolly, trying to get it off. Drew a lot of negative attention from the people around her who were trying to get on with the task at hand, but the invigilators remained oblivious throughout. If you're gonna suck on a lolly in your exam, get a special needs assistant to help you get the foil off. Or better still save lolly sucking in academic settings for Britney Spears videos.

Ever try putting up your hand and saying this to the invigilator? Could have sorted your lollipop problem instantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I suppose this is the place for exam-related ranting too? First exam today, first in 19 months actually. For a college whose library staff take silence and study atmosphere so seriously, it's an awful pity the invigilators in the RDS don't take preventative measures against exam disturbance.

I've also heard from colleagues that the Industries Hall features a very annoying swinging door that creates draughts for those sitting nearby, and must swing, like a pendulum, to a close every time it's opened by those using the toilets during exams.

Ah come on, it's an exam hall with around a thousand or so students in it. I had an exam on tuesday and i found it grand. The whole process was done professionally in my opinion.. Even when people left after the one hour exam it wasn't overly distracting.

No need to take a seat upon your high horse and knit pick out minor discomforts you had.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

1 down, 4 to go, amount of chocolate being eaten while studying is increasing by more than I'd like.

You must be a pro at doing exams by now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I don't start until Tuesday, and have completely lost my ability to study. Feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Red Alert wrote: »
    You must be a pro at doing exams by now!

At this stage I'm way too familiar with the inside of the RDS at exam time! I swear though that this is the last year, NO MORE after this! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Sarah, will you marry me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

seraphimvc wrote: »
    MADNESS!!

Madness?

THIS ISSSS UUUUUCCCCCDDDDDD!!!!!!!

sparta.jpg

I had two hot invigilators in my section yesterday, one was wearing a denim mini-skirt(tights underneath it), how's a guy supposed to pay attention? The other girl just had jeans and a t-shirt but she still was still fine looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Banned from AH.... oooh that's like getting thrown out of Al-Qaeda for being too psychotic.;)

On another note, no more exams for me... ever!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Started yesterday with a **** exam. Was really well prepared but the paper wasnt nice to me. 3 more to go. At this stage i dont care just want to be finished and out of here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

I realised on Monday afternoon that I had an exam on Tuesday...:eek:
    That'll teach me to be more conscientious about checking my exam timetable, I nearly had a heart attack, I thought I had none till next week.....
    Have completely lost any motivation and ability to study, and keep getting distracted by the interweb and the fascinating people that inhabit the library.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

4 down and 4 to go

Advertisement