Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

upmeath wrote: »
    I suppose this is the place for exam-related ranting too? First exam today, first in 19 months actually. For a college whose library staff take silence and study atmosphere so seriously, it's an awful pity the invigilators in the RDS don't take preventative measures against exam disturbance.

First of all I'd like to congratulate whoever thought it'd be a good idea to send people in to exams with lollipops. Now I know we all need a bit of sugar every now and then to give us a lift, but not in the exam hall. A girl two rows over from me in the main hall this morning spent 4 minutes (I'm not exaggerating) of a one hour exam wrestling with the plastic around her lolly, trying to get it off. Drew a lot of negative attention from the people around her who were trying to get on with the task at hand, but the invigilators remained oblivious throughout. If you're gonna suck on a lolly in your exam, get a special needs assistant to help you get the foil off. Or better still save lolly sucking in academic settings for Britney Spears videos.

Secondly, women should be banned from wearing high heels in exam halls. I thought the horse show had returned to the RDS prematurely at a quarter to two today. They should be informed in advance to bring a change of footwear, or face removing them before admission to the halls. It's not a fashion show, I don't care if you're going to Crowes afterwards, the exam hall doesn't need clip clop sounds effects every time you need to use the toilets.

I've also heard from colleagues that the Industries Hall features a very annoying swinging door that creates draughts for those sitting nearby, and must swing, like a pendulum, to a close every time it's opened by those using the toilets during exams.

Gosh, you sound like a riot. Stop being so bloody pedantic.

First one was on Tuesday, went so-so: Modern Architecture. Went into the exam with marks from CA and attendance already so definitely a pass... not sure how decent a pass, though. Next two are on Saturday at 9am (Modernism and Utopia) and 6pm(Contemporary Theory of Performance)- my last ones. Past papers for the former are ridiculous. No pattern at all and very difficult questions. Performance is predictable so hopefully will be fine... having said that, I attend about 12% of my lectures and tutorials for that module!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

3 down, 3 to go!

Roll on Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Five down, three more to go. Just a pity I'm not finished until the 18th. Oh well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

shanegj wrote: »
    4 down and 4 to go

Ugh, 8 exams? That's pretty sick.

Do you have 40 credits this semester and only 20 next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I cant do cool threads anymore, I lost my powers when I got banned from After Hours. I am gone...

North Face Guy thread was cool, I still keep looking out for him. He is obviously angry-used-to-wear-north-face-jacket guy now :D
    I had two hot invigilators in my section yesterday, one was wearing a denim mini-skirt(tights underneath it), how's a guy supposed to pay attention? The other girl just had jeans and a t-shirt but she still was still fine looking.

They seem especially hot this year...I had one in a short dress and tights who decided to sit on the table opposite me today! I possibly wrote several paragraphs unwittingly saying "you're a fine looking girl". I revert to being from the country when I'm being pervy for some reason....

Exam wise two to go, so far so good. As I always say...next semester will be different!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jaybl

First exam I hopefully passed. But the last two went briliant. Linear models was grand thankfully so thats all the maths done now. Three more to go but got my worst exam out of the way so Im not too worried now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

No. 4 up today. First and second went fine but yesterdays was a disaster, nothing was clicking for me and i really doubt i managed a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

. As I always say...next semester will be different!

Thats been my favourite line for the past 4 years. Never going to change though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Thats been my favourite line for the past 4 years. Never going to change though!

You know you're in trouble when you start saying that about the semester after next semester!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

dyl10 wrote: »
    You know you're in trouble when you start saying that about the semester after next semester!

No just next semester. No way ill be here next year!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Had an exam at 9 this morning. Sweet jesus I was tired during it :eek: still, think it went well enough.

I've another one at 3 today, and then I've to wait 7 days to finish these exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Gosh, you sound like a riot. Stop being so bloody pedantic.

"Well you are a festizio! See, I can make up words too, sister.":D

Hope the exams are going well in any case!
    They seem especially hot this year...

Feck it anyway! All I ever got was some surly, middle-aged PhD student!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Fucked for Quants Economics tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

El Siglo wrote: »
    "Feck it anyway! All I ever got was some surly, middle-aged PhD student!

Believe me I'd put up with the surly, middle aged student if it meant not spending approx. 20% of the exam watching some hottie in a polka-dot dress wiggle past every 3 minutes!!

Fun in almost all other aspects of life but sadly not during exams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

2 down, 3 to go. Today's one wasn't too bad (which surprised me because I really thought it would be a stinker), and the one I have tomorrow evening is only worth 30% of my grade in that subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Geopolitics down, great questions today!

3 left, tomorrows Financial + Advanced Macroeconomics double is going to be a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

first exam tomorrow...Databases is not gonna be fun! just wanna get it over and done with so i can get trashed and take it easy until my exams on wednesday and thursday! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It's gonna be short and hopefully painless for me, first one tomorrow and the last one on Monday. Both at nice times (12) so hopefully they'll be over before I knows it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Had an exam at 9 this morning. Sweet jesus I was tired during it

Yeah me too. Around 9.30 I felt really exhausted. I felt like putting my head down on the desk for a nap. I got up to go to the loo thinking the walk would wake me up. On my way back I noticed a girl in my row asleep on her desk :eek:

Anyway, one more tomorrow and last one on Tuesday. The two I've done so far were ok I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Politics this morning went okay, I think. Half was really good, half was a bit waffley, but hopefully I did enough to pass.

3 more left.

Worst is one is tomorrow - philosophy. Have absolutely nothing done, considering not even going tbh. My brain is refusing to take anything in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

considering not even going tbh. My brain is refusing to take anything in.
    I felt like that this morning. Are you tired? Don't stay up all night. Get up early instead. Easier if you are fresh.
    If I hadn't gone in this morning I'd be disgusted with myself now and I would be so annoyed when the resits come around. Get some sleep and give it a go tomorrow. I'd imagine you need a clear head for philosophy anyway, couldn't think of anything worse tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Macro today, MCQ and I took down all the answers so I can find out now If I passed or not. However I'm not to sure if I want to know. :o 5th exam in a row tomorrow and then I'm done, thank god. I'm shattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Ah macro is lovely! I long for the days of economics with MCQs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Oh Sarah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Macro today, MCQ and I took down all the answers so I can find out now If I passed or not. However I'm not to sure if I want to know. :o 5th exam in a row tomorrow and then I'm done, thank god. I'm shattered.

Apparently the macro was quite tough?

I did micro on Thursday, wasn't too bad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JBUCD

kev_s88 wrote: »
    first exam tomorrow...Databases is not gonna be fun! just wanna get it over and done with so i can get trashed and take it easy until my exams on wednesday and thursday! :)
    Same. Nothing better than a Saturday exam. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

misslt wrote: »
    Apparently the macro was quite tough?

I did micro on Thursday, wasn't too bad :D

Yea, found it pretty difficult. Problem was 8 of the 40 questions were based directly on IS/LM model and Aggregate deman/Supply which I didn't know about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

First one down (Web Publishing) and I thought it went pretty well. Roll on the last one on Monday. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

im in first year, and never had so much fun doing exams in my life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Four of Six out of the way, and I'm pretty pleased so far. Two more on Tuesday and Wednesday, and that's it till May.

I heard that someone was caught cheating earlier, and this evening they were checking all calculators: making sure it's the right model and doesn't have notes on the back. Anyone got one of those "special" TI-83s? :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement