Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Is Ted Cox still teaching that course?
    i'd say so? *whisper* i did that module back when i was in nooby 1st yr :P

:D oh that man is legend!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

dyl10 wrote: »
    Last one tonight(Irish Economy), come on generous paper!

It was a beauty:D
    Three questions from the sample paper came up, and how many questions did you have to answer....three!:D I <3 Vincent Hogan....

If only History of Ec Thought had been so sweet:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i'd say so? *whisper* i did that module back when i was in nooby 1st yr :P
    Hehe, I did it way back in 02/03, before such things as modules existed... Fairly easy A, but probably the hardest exam we had that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Ha ha I is finished! :D Only had two exams but thought they went well enough.

Im glad for you.

Just one to go on wednesday. But im not sure how much im bothered studying for a one hour elective mcq....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Got absolutely bushwhacked by my 18.00-20.00 exam today.

Killed my decent form so far. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

2 more exams - tomorrow and Thursday. I had hoped to do some last minute cramming today but I can't - completely burnt out. I don't really care at this stage, just want them over with, I'll pick up the pieces next semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

damselnat wrote: »
    It was a beauty:D
    Three questions from the sample paper came up, and how many questions did you have to answer....three!:D I <3 Vincent Hogan....

If only History of Ec Thought had been so sweet:mad:

Yeh, great paper!
    Please god the bell curve doesn't come for us...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

JBUCD wrote: »
    4 down. 2 more to go. Just did Databases on Saturday. Didn't do much study for it at all but I tought it was really easy. All the questions I wanted to come up came up. Have discrete Mathematics tommorow. Plan is to do Question 1, Question about syllogisms and question on Induction. Was about to skip induction until I seen that in all the exam papers for Discrete Mathematics the induction questions to be the exact same.

jesus i thought databases was a bloody nightmare! then again i went to about 8 lectures all year and didnt do the practical assignment lol :)

got Theory and Analysis of Tonality 3 tomorrow and then Intro to Applied Psychology on thursday...both should be fairly handy i hope...guess we'll see how im feeling at 1pm on thursday lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Anyone have 'Doing History' [Easter Rising] tomorrow? How you fixed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Anyone have 'Doing History' [Easter Rising] tomorrow? How you fixed?
    For the first section - depends what comes up.
    For the second section( "the history of the history") - screwed.

I only need about 20 percent in it to pass the module though.

• Advertisement

For the first section - depends what comes up.
    For the second section( "the history of the history") - screwed.

I only need about 20 percent in it to pass the module though.

How did you figure out how much you need to pass?

I'm fairly sure that 'Commemorating the Rising' stuff will come up in section two. Think it was week 10.

Also, I think the a couple of the sample questions in section one are very similar to our essay titles so I'm concentrating on them.

How did you figure out how much you need to pass?
    Turned my essay grade into a percentage and did some dividing. Not too sure how I did now tbh.
    Also, I think the a couple of the sample questions in section one are very similar to our essay titles so I'm concentrating on them.
    You mean like question 2? I was actually avoiding that one. I'm pretty sure they said it was their intention not to repeat the essay questions on the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Anyone have EU constitutional law 2moro? anyway last exam, beer will be had after it, cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Intermediate Micro today busted my balls. Horrible exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Do you know when is the repeats of the semester 1 exams?

I'm pretty sure they said it was their intention not to repeat the essay questions on the exam.

Must have missed that day! eek.. looks like I'll be up late tonight.
    Think I need about 25% to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, an invilgilator asked me to wipe my seat number off my hand because it was a code. I told her it was my seat number, she said "Oh, how do I know if you haven't ascribed some meaning to your seat number." :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Intermediate Micro today busted my balls. Horrible exam.

Oh god, I thought I was the only one who thought that!!!!
    Ugh, it was awful imo, just praying I scraped a pass, really don't want to end up repeating THAT ordeal......

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

betafrog wrote: »
    Along with the semester 2 exams

F**k... I got an infection (possibly in RDS), and I'm half dead now, going to miss 2 of my exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

How much do repeat exams cost..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Fad wrote: »
    How much do repeat exams cost..........

220 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

damselnat wrote: »
    Oh god, I thought I was the only one who thought that!!!!
    Ugh, it was awful imo, just praying I scraped a pass, really don't want to end up repeating THAT ordeal......

I shall be repeating I'd say dont thin I done enough stuff to even pass it!:mad:

Frisbee wrote: »
    220 euro

Right, that's 440 gone already........christ I'm tempted to just drop out......

betafrog wrote: »
    Sorry but it's actually 230 a module, was 220 last year :o:(

:eek:

I needed that 20.......like it even matters at this stage.

Idiot moment of my degree; when I was off the rails for a while, I paid the €220 for the repeat and completely missed the deadline for the hand in. I e-mailed the admin asking her when it was due, she said two months ago. :pac:

Are re-assessments (as apposed to re-sit exams) just an essay?

Are re-assessments (as apposed to re-sit exams) just an essay?

I believe so, that's what it was for me. But none of that anymore for me, I'm killing my Masters (in the good sense). :cool: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SarahChambers

Woooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo

Finished finished finished!!!!

Totally failed that last one, but in too good a mood to care!!! Going out to get drunk and hook up!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

New thread...what should I drink right now? Vodka? I think so!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Where are you going tonight? ;)

Have 2 essays left to hand in. Finished exams last week but have an extension for them as I'm sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Damn you guys!
    I've still another two papers to sit.

Advertisement