Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Food Processor

Options
  • 09-12-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

(mods : sorry if this is the wrong place, my appreciation for moving if appropriate)

I'm looking to get a food processor to widen my culinary options, coincidentally one shows up in lidl right about now : http://www.lidl.ie/IE/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20091210.p.Food_Processor

What I'm wondering is, is this a decent food processor? Is it actually a bargain or is that a fairly standard or even high price?

Thanks loads to anyone for any tips =)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That silver crest stuff is a bit hit and miss.

Vacuum Packer is ok but the plastic rolls with it are rubbish.

Grinder/sausage stuffer works reasonably well but the sausage attachement is too big to fit sausage skins on to (simple design flaw but extremely annoying and renders machine almost useless)

TV/DVD Remote Control works fine.

To conclude, I couldn't really say:confused:

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

That silver crest stuff is a bit hit and miss.

Vacuum Packer is ok but the plastic rolls with it are rubbish.

Grinder/sausage stuffer works reasonably well but the sausage attachement is too big to fit sausage skins on to (simple design flaw but extremely annoying and renders machine almost useless)

TV/DVD Remote Control works fine.

To conclude, I couldn't really say:confused:

Sorry
    Agreed, I have the mincer but the supplied nozzle is tapered and far to big except for Ox bung. I got a smaller diameter nozzle and adapted it.

Vacuum packer works well with the heavy plastic freezer bags that they sell.

Back OT.

OP I had a look at that processor and while it might be workable I would rather get a known make.
    Not saying it isn't good but I wouldn't buy it. I would rather a Kenwood or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Thanks all for the replies, I reckon I'll give it a miss and fork out a bit more in due course for assurance of quality =)

Thanks guys! =)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Agreed, I have the mincer but the supplied nozzle is tapered and far to big except for Ox bung. I got a smaller diameter nozzle and adapted it.

Vacuum packer works well with the heavy plastic freezer bags that they sell.

Back OT.

OP I had a look at that processor and while it might be workable I would rather get a known make.
    Not saying it isn't good but I wouldn't buy it. I would rather a Kenwood or similar.

Where did you get a smaller nozzle, and what did you have to do to adapt it?
    Ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

yes please do a guide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have a friend that gave me one, the diameter was a little bigger than the supplied one and I stuck it in a lathe and turned 3mm off the diameter,
    I don't know where you would find one for that machine.
    I would buy a better one next time or when this one goes pop.
    Sausagemaking.co.uk or Weschenfelder sell better ones.
    Stainless steel nozzle parallel sides is the way to go.

Advertisement