Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions LC 2010

Options
  • 09-12-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Any predictions for Economics, Physics, French or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Economics:
    Oligopoly/ Monopoly
    Unemployment - how to overcome it and how it comes around
    Labour
    That's all i guess for now

French - old people, economy, something to do with roads

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I reckon that the Physics paper will just avoid asking definitions that can be answered by looking at the log tables (and putting in the correct notation).

Therefore I've been advised to expect more derivations to come up instead, as this displays more understanding of the formulae rather than just an ability to read maths tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 western

Thanks guys...hmm ya i was thinkin the same things for economics...for physics, well recently we had a whole school evaluation and we asked the inspectors about the new log books and changes to the paper and he said there are no changes this year but it will change next year but it doesn't make sense i think you're right about derivations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

western wrote: »
    Thanks guys...hmm ya i was thinkin the same things for economics...for physics, well recently we had a whole school evaluation and we asked the inspectors about the new log books and changes to the paper and he said there are no changes this year but it will change next year but it doesn't make sense i think you're right about derivations!

I've been wondering about this too, what do you mean there are no changes this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

My teacher mentioned this exact thing today. Basically, in 2010 the marking scheme aren't going to be changed in physics cause os the implementation of the new log tables. For example in 2010 when defining angular velocity worth 6 marks , you can say 'Ѡ=θ/t" without notation and get 3 marks, just by copy and pasting it out of the new log tables. But in 2011 anyone who does this will get 0 marks. So 2010 physics students are at a huge advantage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 western

yes thats my understanding of it anyways... same with the HL maths loads of new formulas for sequences etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

My teacher mentioned this exact thing today. Basically, in 2010 the marking scheme aren't going to be changed in physics cause os the implementation of the new log tables. For example in 2010 when defining angular velocity worth 6 marks , you can say 'Ѡ=θ/t" without notation and get 3 marks, just by copy and pasting it out of the new log tables. But in 2011 anyone who does this will get 0 marks. So 2010 physics students are at a huge advantage!

SOUND!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Teacher 28

Hi.

RE: French

Very dangerous to predict but i'd suggest learning the following:

Poverty / Recession ( How Ireland has changed in the last ten yrs)
    The importance of the Family
    Politics / Politicians
    Racism / other prejudices
    War.

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

Teacher 28 wrote: »
    Hi.

RE: French

Very dangerous to predict but i'd suggest learning the following:

Poverty / Recession ( How Ireland has changed in the last ten yrs)
    The importance of the Family
    Politics / Politicians
    Racism / other prejudices
    War.

James

I would love if the importance of the family came up
    It's the one thing I can write about off the top of my head :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

what would you write about for the importance of family. i lived in france my whole life so im fluent but i have no idea what you would say? what an odd question.

• Advertisement
Advertisement