Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could someone give me a sample answer to the 2007 paper 2- comparative question 2

Options
  • 09-12-2009 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

"The cultural context can have a significant influence on the behaviour of the central character(s) in a text."

Texts that i'm studying:
    1. Billy Elliot
    2. Fly Away Peter
    3. Panther in the Basement

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

eh, those texts weren't on in 2007 and you want someone to give you a complete essay on that specific question:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 IIICENSOREDIII

deemark wrote: »
    eh, those texts weren't on in 2007 and you want someone to give you a complete essay on that specific question:rolleyes:

:o right, so it doesnt have to be a complete essay ;) but at least some pointers on how to go about doing it.
    i know that those texts weren't on the '07, but they are the texts i have to use in my answer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Divide the cultural context into sections such as setting, gender, wealth, religion, conflict, family etc or whatever headings your teacher uses. Compare all three texts under each of these sections.

Refer to the question asked in your intro, in each paragraph mention how the cc influences the main character's behaviour and discuss it again in your conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Chancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Chancer.

Indeed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement