Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonisphere 2010, Knebworth

Options
  • 09-12-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Headliners so far Iron Maiden and Rammstein.

This is now a 3 day Fest - Jul 30thto Aug 1st

Also announced are :-

Slayer, Anthrax, Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, Iggy and The Stooges and The Cult

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Don't Metallica have some contract to do the first 3 years? So that makes them the last headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

that's what I was thinkin Mush.....
    just add Megadeth and you have the big 4 thrash bands on a bill - be it a Festival bill - I'm sure they can fit the egos in a setting like that....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Metallica have announced Sonisphere Poland. AFAIK, they own part of the Sonisphere festival. If it is 3 days this year, then it wouldn't surprise me if they played again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

That's a pretty beefy lineup. Now I wonder who will play at Download?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭mr.benn

I hope the download line up is promising cos i really wanna go back last year was unreal i miss it!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

I see they were giving free tickets for sonisphere poland to the 1st couple of thousand people to get tickets for sonisphere knebworth!

Some line up between the 2 of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Megadeth confirmed on twitter yesterday that them,Metallica,Slayer and Anthrax will all be on the Sonisphere bill in Poland and the Czech republic I think

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Now I wonder who will play at Download?

Well it was on the ACDC website that they'd play the friday
    acdc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

"Team Sonisphere are really excited to announce that they are able to make the incredible offer of a FREE ticket to the Sonisphere Festival in Poland to EVERYONE who buys a weekend ticket (with or without camping) for the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park before midnight on the 31st December 2009."

Ouch I missed out on that. What an offer, anyone manage to get tickets for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

--LOS-- wrote: »
    "Team Sonisphere are really excited to announce that they are able to make the incredible offer of a FREE ticket to the Sonisphere Festival in Poland to EVERYONE who buys a weekend ticket (with or without camping) for the Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth Park before midnight on the 31st December 2009."

Ouch I missed out on that. What an offer, anyone manage to get tickets for this?

I was tempted myself but after lookin at flights to poland for that date i decided not to bother, can't remember what it was but it was like €240 return for the cheapest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

gonna be at this working...didnt realise how hardcore it is...eep

gonna be at this working...didnt realise how hardcore it is...eep

ah dont worry, scumbags dont listen to metal :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

An extremely exciting addition to this year’s Sonisphere, the Strongbow Bowtime Bar stage will be showcasing the finest in up and coming talent, giving new bands the chance to play a major festival while providing an alternative from the big names on Apollo, Saturn, and Bohemia Stages.

The first batch of bands confirmed include Surrey Screamo mob All Forgotten, Liverpool heavy rockers The Bendal Interlude , psychedelic metallers Bow And Arrow, metalcore merchants Bury Tomorrow , progged up punk-thrashers Chickenhawk (pictured).

inmeKings Lynn rockers Deaf Havana , hard hitting alt-rockers Failsafe, psychadelic rockers Firebug, Brighton hardcore heroes Ghost Of A Thousand, proggy Essex rockers INME, Danish experi-mentalists Kellermensch, power-pop-punkers Me vs Hero , post-hardcore soundscape sculptors Rinoa, electonica duo Tek One, hardcore metallers While She Sleeps and Harlow alt-rockers The World On Fire, with a whole load more still TBA.

I believe the term is “**** Yeah, Bring it on”

Flying in from the US for a run of European shows this summer, alternative metallers cKy make their only UK Festival appearance at Knebworth – which frontman Deron Miller singles out as the show they are most looking forward to:

“We love doing the festivals and we love going to Europe” he says, “so Sonisphere is bound to be the biggest highlight of cKy’s summer touring schedule by far.”

After forming in 1998, cKy’s popularity shot through the roof just a year later after a spot on the Warped Tour earnt them a worldwide deal with Volcom entertainment. Continuous exposure on MTV and Jackass propelled them to even greater heights, forcing Volcom to repress “Volume 1” by the tens of thousands. Now an internationally successful act with four albums under their belts, don’t miss cKy as they deliver hits such as “Rio Bravo”, “Disengage The Simulator” and “96 Quite Bitter Beings” at this exclusive festival appearance.

sabaton250Sabaton will be bringing their powerhouse of epic battle-infused metal to the green hills of Knebworth this year. Between May 2008 and December 2009 Sabaton have managed to perform over 160 shows in more than 20 countries, received honourable citizenships/titles from the Polish government, toured with Hammerfall and Dragonforce, and been honoured with the opportunity to play a headline show in front of 10,000 fans on the battlefield near Wizna where the battle they sing about in the song 40:1 took place exactly 70 years earlier. Bassist Pär Sundström says:

“HELL **** YES!!! SABATON is going to play Sonisphere UK this year! This is a great opportunity for us as the UK remained a dark spot on the touring plans in the past – but now everything’s gonna be different! We’re set to kick ass and conquer!!! Aside from that it’s just amazingly insane to share the stage with bands like Iron Maiden, Rammstein and Motley Crüe! Who would have thought of this ten years back?! Don’t miss out – it’s gonna be an overwhelming experience! For ALL of us!!!“

Soni-550.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Am debating going to this now, for the UK one anyway. Just seems like the best line up of the Summer, I've seen so far :D

Would it be wise for a 23 year old female to go to a festival on her own?? :confused:

day550.jpg

Im hoping to be going but i have a feeling my friend will decide not to :(

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Am debating going to this now, for the UK one anyway. Just seems like the best line up of the Summer, I've seen so far :D

Would it be wise for a 23 year old female to go to a festival on her own?? :confused:

The line-up is fairly awesome all right, would love to be heading to this if I was willing to spend that much.
    hmm not sure about going on your own, any time I'm at something like that I always think ye could do this on my own but it's the travelling and hangin out at camp that might get to me. Least everyone speaks english there though! I met up with a boardsie at a festival in Germany recently, wasn't travelling on my own to begin with though but maybe give a shout about here, you might catch somebody going. Nothing wrong with going on your own either, if you're up to it, do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

day550.jpg

Im hoping to be going but i have a feeling my friend will decide not to :(

Was thinkin bout going but Rammstein clashing with Motley Crue isnt going to help matters, there'd be two of the main reasons I was going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I dont think the Saturn and Apollo stages clash, one plays on one stage while the other is being setup.

I am heading to Sonisphere in Spain, it cost €300 for the festival ticket ,flights and hotel.
    Cheaper beer, fags and weather was a deciding factor too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anyone know where exactly there are competitions to win tickets for this? May as well try go something, and RAmmstein and ALice will be class, needless to say, see ALice support Maiden and not Swet savage would be cooll.

EDIT: Yes, thats right, two l's cool:cool:

Advertisement