Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone V Eircom 7Mb

• 09-12-2009 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭

Just been informed of a price increase from €65.16 to €67.16 for the Eircom Talktime Family Bundle (7 Mb Broadband). There is also a decrease in free telephone calls. I am thinking of changing to Vodafone Anytime (also 7 Mb) at €52 per month. Can anyone tell me what Vodafone speeds are like. There should be no difference as the same phone line is used, am I right? I'm getting pretty good - over 6 Mb - consistently with Eircom.

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ejayb4

ajmull wrote: »
    Just been informed of a price increase from €65.16 to €67.16 for the Eircom Talktime Family Bundle (7 Mb Broadband). There is also a decrease in free telephone calls. I am thinking of changing to Vodafone Anytime (also 7 Mb) at €52 per month. Can anyone tell me what Vodafone speeds are like. There should be no difference as the same phone line is used, am I right? I'm getting pretty good - over 6 Mb - consistently with Eircom.

What do you think?

then you should have the same speeds, `same lines etc... vodafone are doing an 8 mb package now i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭furiousox

vodafone service is $hite since they took over BT, have a look here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055738410&goto=newpost

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

ajmull wrote: »

What do you think?

Have had the 7mb BB & Call package for about 3 months now with no problem - DL speeds regularly >6mb and I have had no major issues apart from once or twice accessing eircom email accounts (easily resolved). Haven't had to use their Customer Service really yet so I can't comment on it. The free wireless modem is not bad either.

All in all - highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 brianeen

I'm thinking of switching from eircom what can vodafone offer other than price that would entice me? What ate the speeds like etc n what is the changeover like will I be left with no bb for a period of time during the switchover

Advertisement