Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering a stick but where?

Options
  • 09-12-2009 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a Round 2 TE but can't seem to find anyone who ships to Ireland. I did find one on ebay but they're looking for 75 quid just for shipping on top of the 160 dollars for the stick so they can shove that up their asses tbh.

Anyone know a good place online to order?

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

amazon.co.uk

edit: Dunno what "round 2" TE means though? Is that new artwork or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    amazon.co.uk

edit: Dunno what "round 2" TE means though? Is that new artwork or something?

It's the one Ken B has. All black.

Standard TE - White sides.
    mad-cats-fightpads-and-fightsticks-ss-3.jpg

Round 2 TE - Black sides and different artwork.
    e863da998325-09.jpg

Oh, right, I thought that was custom art. No idea then, you can get a round 1 TE delivered off Amazon for 110 quid or so though at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Yeh I'm guessing the "round 2" just isn't available yet then. amazon says early january which is annoying. Was hoping someone might know where they can be acquired before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Dunno man tbh, maybe ask on SRK? Maybe just get the normal TE anyway and custom it down the road :p

But I understand of you've your heart set on a particular one. Its nice to have the one you want when your spending so much cash.

• Advertisement

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Dunno man tbh, maybe ask on SRK? Maybe just get the normal TE anyway and custom it down the road :p

But I understand of you've your heart set on a particular one. Its nice to have the one you want when your spending so much cash.

Yeh after seeing Ken's at lanparty I was sold on it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ry wrote: »
    Yeh after seeing Ken's at lanparty I was sold on it.

Where did Ken get his?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

got my Horis from play asia.

bst things i ever spent money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Where did Ken get his?

I think he got it at a Vega cosplay event for beautiful people.
    That or one of his mates brought t back from Canada when they were over there.

Yeh I don't have a mate in Canada at the moment :/ Maybe www.amateincanada.com would sort me out but they're pricey I heard. Plus then i'd have a Canadian mate which I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with so I'm hoping for other possibilities.

This is tempting though.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-3hcy.html

I really did want the round 2 though just cuz I loves it.

• Advertisement

Yeh I don't have a mate in Canada at the moment :/ Maybe www.amateincanada.com would sort me out but they're pricey I heard. Plus then i'd have a Canadian mate which I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with so I'm hoping for other possibilities.

This is tempting though.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-70-3hcy.html

I really did want the round 2 though just cuz I loves it.

You will be hit with import duty when ordering something that heavy from play-asia. They are however an excellent site and it will be delivered within a week.

You will be hit with import duty when ordering something that heavy from play-asia. They are however an excellent site and it will be delivered within a week.

102 euro plus the import shouldn't be too bad though. I'm even considering the standard round 1 TE from Amazon at this stage cuz I'm impatient :( Just wish somewhere did the round 2 seems like a silly thing to not be able to get when it seems so available elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Oh, right, I thought that was custom art. No idea then, you can get a round 1 TE delivered off Amazon for 110 quid or so though at the moment.

Serious? I thought Amazon wouldn't deliver bulky things like that and p&p is free? I thought it would be at least £140. Thank you so very much for this piece of information :)

@Ry: On the note of importing a stick, I noticed that its an X360 stick which is either JAP/NTSC Region coded so I doubt if its possible to use it on your X360 here. This is where the PS3 really wipes the floor with the X360 :(

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Serious? I thought Amazon wouldn't deliver bulky things like that and p&p is free? I thought it would be at least £140. Thank you so very much for this piece of information :)

@Ry: On the note of importing a stick, I noticed that its an X360 stick which is either JAP/NTSC Region coded so I doubt if its possible to use it on your X360 here. This is where the PS3 really wipes the floor with the X360 :(

I'm gonna use it on PC though but that's a good point none the less. I'll probably order from Amazon in that case. Maybe i'll just Pre-order the round 2 and be thankful when it arrives next month.

Yeh but Amazon won't ship them to Ireland. This is the problem :) Amazon.co.uk will but don't have them.

They do deliver them now. Well I got an SE off them anyway and friend is getting a TE.

They do deliver them now. Well I got an SE off them anyway and friend is getting a TE.

The second edition TE's are not shipping to Ireland from Amazon.com where they are available as the sticks aren't officially released here till end of january.

This says they're not available till the end of January but that you can pre-order so I might end up doing that if there's no where that's able to sell them and ship them to Ireland now. I was just hoping people might have known where did have them.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Street-Fighter-Arcade-Fight/dp/B002V0WKXM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260413403&sr=8-4

Yeah, was talking about the first ones. Sorry for the confusion!

Yeh but Amazon won't ship them to Ireland. This is the problem :) Amazon.co.uk will but don't have them.

Argh! Sorry, I didn't notice the seller bit. Text wasn't obvious.

• Advertisement

In all fairness though Ry, ofcourse its a matter of preference but is it really worth forking out an extra £40 when the parts are exactly the same? Something that I've personally noticed is that once someone starts getting into the game, you forget about aesthetics and left thinking "I could've bought a game with that money" :D

Controllers are not region locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

The second edition TE's are not shipping to Ireland from Amazon.com where they are available as the sticks aren't officially released here till end of january.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Street-Fighter-Arcade-Fight/dp/B002V0WKXM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260413403&sr=8-4

Realeased on January 29th, my Birthday!! Maybe this is a sign :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

animaX wrote: »
    Realeased on January 29th, my Birthday!! Maybe this is a sign :eek:

A sign of evil, any stick bought on that day will be bad luck for the owner.

Controllers are not region locked.

Can I have your babies? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Aside from the artwork, is there any hardware difference between the 2 TE's?

I ordered my original TE from gameseek and it arrived pretty fast once it came into stock. They have the TE Round 2 up atm.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/PS3rv8k4911qb3/Street-Fighter-IV-Arcade-FightStick--Tournament-Edition--Round-2

There is an item in your basket that can't be shipped outside the UK Mainland. Wtf? They won't ship it either. That's great.

Ry don't be getting a 360 stick when you're on PS3, SSf4 wont be on pc for a while after the console versions, thats if they even release it on PC (the fookin BETTER :mad:)

I've been thinking about getting the TE as a gift for someone but their birthday is this Sunday so would anyone know if I ordered from Amazon, would it at least arrive say on Monday or Tuesday or would it take a while? I tried to see if I can ask these things through Amazon but I have to order the stick first because they require the Order ID number (Real smart system :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement

I ordered my SE from there over a weekend. It was sent out on the monday, arrived on the wednesday. :)

Advertisement