Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering a stick but where?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 scange01

Sorry to hijack but... A good affordable stick that can be used on a ps3 for ps2 games, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

scange01 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack but... A good affordable stick that can be used on a ps3 for ps2 games, anyone?

A good affordable stick for ps3 would be the hori fighting stick 3 (here for example). The good thing is that they're really the only sticks that are sold in brick & mortar shops here in Ireland (gamestop etc) but they're not necessarily the best sticks on the market.

I'm pretty sure they work on ps2 games via back compatibility but that would have to be confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

whats the story with this stick : http://www.gamechn.com/UploadFile/-200903091205u15.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That's a Mayflash, though it goes by many names. Cheap (<€35 IIRC), moddable. Check SRK for the guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Ry don't be getting a 360 stick when you're on PS3, SSf4 wont be on pc for a while after the console versions, thats if they even release it on PC (the fookin BETTER :mad:)

I'm planning on getting the Xbox for the release of the new one when it comes out. A bit backwards I know but meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

:(
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    That's a Mayflash, though it goes by many names. Cheap (<€35 IIRC), moddable. Check SRK for the guide.

Alright its just there's a m8 of mine who like SF4 but is still only very casual about it. He was stuck on the 360 pad and wasnt arsed learning to play on that. But he's thinking of getting a ps3 and while a ps pad will be a big improvement for him he was really impressed by my SE fight stick when he saw it but wouldnt be anywhere near up for spending 70 euro on a controller. I saw that for 30 euro alright just wondered if that'd suit. Or fall apart out of the box.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I saw that for 30 euro alright just wondered if that'd suit. Or fall apart out of the box.

I'd say it would have to be modded to be in any way decent though, so thats gonna add to the price. Maybe he could check out a hori fighting stick 3 in gamestop. They're cheap enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

How much are the new horis?, they look nice. Are they out yet?

bush wrote: »
    How much are the new horis?, they look nice. Are they out yet?

I think they're not officially released in Japan until christmas eve! Not too sure of the price but the viewlix model is nice

I think the Vewlix model is vulgar TBH, the HRAP V is a much cleaner design.
    And the V3/VX models looking like they'll come along nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i had to play on pad the whole weekend cause ry's too ****in lazy to get his own stick !!!!!!!!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I think the Vewlix model is vulgar TBH

Do you think they'll change the length of it? The demo model was horrible but I assumed they'd fix it?
    Placebo wrote: »
    i had to play on pad the whole weekend cause ry's too ****in lazy to get his own stick !!!!!!!!

So you were shitter than usual then yeah?

remember that time in rathfarnum rumble, when i made you doubt your sagat and then you picked gouken, but still it made no difference...

http://rlv.zcache.com/black_sniper_headshot_i_win_game_over_tshirt-p235939129387945773y0an_400.jpg

actually got new g-card so need pc version, but ccard is maxd out

remember that time in rathfarnum rumble, when i made you doubt your sagat and then you picked gouken, but still it made no difference...

Remember that time at said Rathfarnham Rumble where I was one round away from being whitewashed and then suddenly came back and didn't lose a round and beat you?

pwned-facekick.jpg

We are at one-all from that tourny my friend :pac:

http://media.ufc.tv/media/wallpaper/800/ufc47_01.jpg

sometime this week.
    sagat vs chunli

first to 5.
    loser[i.e you] will most definitely will have to bow their head in shame for ever.

sometime this week.
    sagat vs chunli

first to 5.
    loser[i.e you] will most definitely will have to bow their head in shame for ever.

Then fix your internet connection so we can play! Or are you too chicken to open up the right ports?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

sometime this week.
    sagat vs chunli

first to 5.

I know of a unique opportunity for you both to do that... :)

You chose to use pad fool. I was more than content kicking you around with Pad but you preferred Pad because it was less effort, so you got kicked around with that instead :)

That is the laziest Chun cosplayer I ever did see, Farz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Due to my brothers bothering me what I'd like for Christmas/Bday and not wanting socks, I'll be getting a TE Madcatz in and around Christmas.

So as much as I love it I'll be looking so sell on my SE, as it's just gonna sit there unused and unloved.

Only a few months old and never missed a beat.
    I've modded the buttons with Sanwa 30s and the stick with seimitsu LS 32. (All a lovely shade of turquoise Honda blue.)
    Still have the stock buttons and stick as well as well as original packaging.

All in all mods and stick cost me around €170 (I bought when the stick came out.)

I'm gonna stick it up on adverts in the new year for around €100, but I'm putting it up here for first refusal and will knock a few quid off to any fighting game regulars who may be interested.

(To buy a brand new one from Amazon with stock parts and delivery costs over €90.)

So if you're considering a stick, there's a bargain to be had here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Might be interested Paul but I'd have to get back to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Might be interested Paul but I'd have to get back to you!

No probs dude,

Do you not already have a SE modded to near the exact same specs as mine though?

Yeah, I do - think one of my friends who's currently using a battered EX2 that I donated to him might like it as a birthday present though. Will get back to you asap anyway, but if anyone else is interested I'm happy to cecede to them as I'm not sure if I can take it.

Right I just placed my pre-order for a Round 2 with amazon.co.uk. Estimated delivery is around 3rd of February. I'm ok with that since It'll be all black and coolz. I'm kind of excited for some reason but anyway. I'll tell you how it goes more when it gets here.

Well amazingly it came early and I've got it way before I thought I'd have to wait for it so I'm chuffed I decided to go for the round 2.

DSC03324.jpg
    DSC03325.jpg
    DSC03326.jpg
    DSC03327.jpg

Thanks to KenB for showing me his cuz tbh I fell in love with it at Lanparty there last year and had to get one when they were available. It's a weird change going from what I was using one of these :

sf-anniversary.jpg

The circle gate bat top and straight line heavy press buttons to square gate ball top curve line is odd but I know it's just a matter of practice.

Thanks again for everyone's input and guidance. I appreciate it!

Nice one Ryan! Glad you got it. Prepare for a new love in your live :P

animaX wrote: »
    Nice one Ryan! Glad you got it. Prepare for a new love in your live :P

Haha c'mon now it's not a Gillette razor. We all know they're what get the women! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ok I'm picking up a SE soon enough. Just wanna know why the **** the ps3 one is cheaper? Well w/e

And what's with amazon not shipping to Ireland? How stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ramza wrote: »
    Ok I'm picking up a SE soon enough. Just wanna know why the **** the ps3 one is cheaper? Well w/e

And what's with amazon not shipping to Ireland? How stupid

Generally Amazon won't ship outside their region, so amazon.com is USA and Amazon.co.uk is UK & Ireland.

• Advertisement

amazon.co.uk will definitely ship sticks to Ireland. The SE 360 is probably more expensive because they need to licence from Microsoft for peripherals to work on the 360.

Advertisement