Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant?

• 09-12-2009 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hoping someone can shed some light on this but just heard that after todays budget, those recieving the btea will no longer recieve the maintenance grants.

Wouldnt mind too I was only after posting in another thread praising the same budget before i read about this crap,i guess the chickens have come home to roost, they didn't hang about long

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Feel sick about it. The college will drop in numbers pretty soon if it is the case that there is no maintenance grant for BTE recipients

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

Yea I know what you mean, I could understand if they halved it or something, I could still get by on that, although I think the big problem will be the registration fees. Im still hoping I interpreted it wrong, but I'd say thats wishful thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

before everyone jumps to conclusions, please have a read of this thread in the student finance forum.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055765533

moreso, have a read of this post on page 3 of that thread.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63431246&postcount=40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 hot and heavy

has anyone not gotten their grant yet, im in that club!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

I got mines but they mentioned about it in the paper yesterday that majority of people have received theres now and just few waiting you should see it in January but its ridiculous to have to wait that long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement