Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing a Furminator?

Options
  • 09-12-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭

Any tips appreciated trying to source a couple of reasonably priced original Furminators for my pals?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Depends on where you're looking to buy - you could check out your local petshops, see if there's any deals on. You can look online also as there'd be a few petshop sites or other sites like eBay that would sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ebay is your best bet! Zooplus are stocking them now but still overpriced. I paid €18 inc p&p on ebay for the medium one - same one is €29 on zooplus!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

tk123 wrote: »
    Ebay is your best bet! Zooplus are stocking them now but still overpriced. I paid €18 inc p&p on ebay for the medium one - same one is €29 on zooplus!

+1 Got mine off ebay as well. Its brilliant on my Westie and he doesn't mind it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cianer

I got one made by Miki - not a furminator brand but the exact same thing, does a great job on my lab x collie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ebay all the way!!! They are ridiculously over priced in the pet shops so go online to get them. Sve yourself about 30-40 euro easily.

I got mine from the uk and had no problems, paid about 17 euro all in, it would have cost 40-50 euro if i bought it in the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

i paid €10 for one on ebay la waiting last night, medium size, just waiting for it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Yep, agree with all above. Got one on eBay for £7.
    Cheapest I saw them on the sites recommended by furminator.com was £22 (most were £35 or so).

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Just got myself a small furminator 99p on ebay - brand new and never used Deal.

They have a good reputation and great feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

Paid £18 incl P+P from eBay - same one (Large) on maxizoo was €70 - when i said it to them they told me they coulnd't even buy them in at that price

used it last night on the GS - oh my god the amount of hair!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I bought a small one for use on my cats - got it at a local market for $22 AUD. It's in Furminator packaging, but no idea if it's the real deal or a knock off.

Certainly works like the real deal though - my big tabby is sooooo happy at the moment - combed out the last of his big thick winter coat last week, he's now in sleek summer mode, I don't have cat hair tumbleweeds bouncing across my wooden floors and the cat is seriously in better form. Interestingly my lot hated grooming brushes - tried combs, brushes like hair brushes (useless), and those wire brushes with the fine wire teeth (can't remember what they're called). They all used tried to bite the brushes and play normally, but they really love the furminator, they flop over on their sides and even let you flip them over to do the other side!

Advertisement