Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc to mess around with

Options
  • 09-12-2009 8:44pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭

So, with a budget of 700 euro, I want a PC (inc. monitor keyboard and mouse!) that will run Microsoft Office like a dream and play Fallout 3 and the new Tomb Raider at okay settings. And maybe even GTA4 at crap settings.

Here is what I selected from Hardwareversand.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Box, Sockel AM3

ASUS M4N78 SE,Sockel AM2+, ATX

4GB-Kit DDR2 Corsair Value CL 5, PC6400/800

Aerocool V-Touch Standard, ATX ohne Netzteil

Corsair VX450W 450 Watt

Club3D Radeon 5750 1024MB, ATI Radeon 5750, PCI-Express

Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)

LG GH22NS50 bare schwarz

Hanns-G HW191DP, 19", DVI, 5ms, Widescreen

Logitech Keyboard Deluxe 250 Black PS/2 (OEM)

Logitech RX1000 Laser Mouse (OEM)

Total 713.87 including shipping to Ireland.

I'm alright for an operating system.

Advice please. My mission statement is "value for money".

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

FYI, GTAIVs been patched no than 5 times, and runs a lot smoother then at first.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Curse you, fickle currency conversion! :rolleyes:

Anyway, under €750 after shipping :o And no Behemoth either :(

eBuyer091209.png

Probably utter overkill but that's the fun part! :D Oh yeah... OC the hell out of the HD5750 if you want it to eat a HD5770. Heck, overvolt it then OC it :P Although overvolting everything and sticking half a dozen HDDs on afterward isn't recommended.

And before anyone complains, the CX400 actually has more +12V capacity than anything in its price range :P Sure, the VX450 has a whopping 3A more, but it also costs €20 more. Cheapie 500/550W PSUs are worse! :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭Pi^2

Cheers Solitaire.

What website is that from???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

eBuyer. HWVS currently has no good deals on monitors or graphics cards, Pixmania only has good deals on monitors and graphics cards, and Komplett only has good deals on... erm... someone help me out... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Solitaire wrote: »
    Komplett only has good deals on... erm... someone help me out... :o

Gaming Mice.

At least they did, not sure if the sales still on :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement