Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gas or co2 ?

Options
  • 09-12-2009 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

which do ye think is better gas or co2 pistols looking into getting one but am hearing good and bad about both:confused: also any advantage in going for non bb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The advantages of a nbb are that they are normally quieter and more gas efficient, I think. Personally, I would go for green gas pistols over CO2 but thats just a personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭DKILLER12

definatly gas. because the co2 is so powerful that after a while using it with your pistol it actually breaks the parts inside the pistol;);)

hope that helps:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Thread moved from airsoft adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

NBB's are quieter, more gas efficient and I find them more accurate as theres no recoil.

I prefer CO2 as theres no cooldown effect and I find they give a more consistent shot.

I've had my CO2 pistol for a good while now and put quite a few rounds through it, not to mention all the knocks and bumps its taken. And its still working fine. I wouldn't worry too much about a CO2 pistol breaking itself because its too powerful. As long as you buy a decent quality gun.
    How many threads do you see about broken CO2 pistols in the technical section and how many do you see about green gas guns ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Guns designed for CO2, will break using it about as often as guns designed for using 134a will on 134a.

As an aside, c02 is a gas also :P But your point is the difference between higher pressure gas, and non regulated lower pressure gases... well... Co2 doesnt get the cooldown effects as mentioned, now both, in Nbb form, are relatively silent, and more efficient... no real divider there... Green is... more suited to Irish Fps law than C02 is without a little work.

Otherwise its relatively academic here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

I use primarily CO2 pistols (KWA S&W Sigma 40F & KJW 1911A1) although I've several gas pistols too (Cybergun SigSauer P230, KSC M92F NBB among others).

Personally prefer CO2 quite simply for the crisp, hard blowback that gas simply can't match.

Never had any hassle with FPS, both the Sigma and the 1911 are about the 290 mark.

Similarly, never had any hassle with reliability (although my Sigma presently needs a new hop rubber).

As mentioned, cooldown is a non-event with CO2 so rapid firing is no problem and shots are quite consistent right down to the last 5 or so before the canister expires.

Only downsides to CO2 are that the face seals which seal the CO2 canister in the mag will eventually fail and can be hard to find replacements for - I have found that the piercing cap available from KJW though fits most CO2 apps and these are readily available at about €2ea direct. Alternatively, many use standard rubber 'O' rings but I've never been happy with them.

NBB works great if you need a quieter pistol - my '92F is very quiet relative to the others, quite similar to a SOCOM with the silencer removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

From my limited experience in the field of the slingbacker, it seems to me that carbon dioxide produces a louder noise, more satisfying blow-back and more consistent results, particularly in winter when bottled gas is notoriously unreliable.

Carbon dioxide probably works out a bit more expensive to run (although as discussed on another thread the price of the mini Soda Stream cartridges can vary wildly) but apart from that the only downsides in my eyes are that the pistol magazines tend to be slightly extended out the bottom of the grip of the pistol whereas bottled gas ones lie nice and flush, 1911 variants have big fat magazines to hold the cartridge and that's less realistic, and they're a little more of a chore to refill with gas because it requires an allen key.

Ultimately what it comes down to is that when people have a go of I my carbon dioxide Beretta M9 they go "oooooh!" and when I have a go of somebody's bottled gas slingbacker I have to force myself to be polite. That's lovely, dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Not sure if I let you fire my upgraded tm p226 or not Shane... but that beast kicks like a mule on PCP... and I saw your reaction to the PPK :P hardly a 'thats nice dear' :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Co2 doesn't cool down "As much" as Green gas, but it certainly does cool down...

Personally i prefer Co2 but the reange of guns available is limited. I own a pair of Co2 revolvers, Co2 Uzi, Co2 .45, Co2 Sigma etc etc.
    Theres a misconception out there that Co2 guns are hot too, thats not exactly accurate as it depends on the gun and its design. my Uzi only fires at 250-260ish fps but the rate of fire and recoil from it make it all worth while. Hopup is pretty decent too so its decent outdoors as a winter gun aswell.,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ryanner

hey guys i am new to this and just bought a co2 m9 and am very impressed with it just reading this thread and wondering what exactly is a none bb gun and in what way are they different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

ryanner wrote: »
    hey guys i am new to this and just bought a co2 m9 and am very impressed with it just reading this thread and wondering what exactly is a none bb gun and in what way are they different

NBB, non blow back, the slide doesn't move.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

ryanner wrote: »
    A GBB pistol uses some of the gas to propel the slide back, hence "Blow Back"
    A NBB pistol concentrates all the gas on propelling the BB and the slide doesn't blow back.

EDIT: Steve beat me to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ryanner

thanks lads for the reply gbb all the way for me so

Advertisement