Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a vodafone phone from uk

• 09-12-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if you buy an english vodafone mobile will it work with an irish vodafone sim...
    My son is looking for the lgks360 but it is not available with vodafone here but it is listed on the uk site..
    Or if I buy it from o2 will they unlock it for me so i can put in his vodafone sim..
    Thanks in advance..
    also just saw the new samsung ping touch on another thread.. will that be on o2 only..
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

sud1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was wondering if you buy an english vodafone mobile will it work with an irish vodafone sim...
    My son is looking for the lgks360 but it is not available with vodafone here but it is listed on the uk site..
    Or if I buy it from o2 will they unlock it for me so i can put in his vodafone sim..
    Thanks in advance..
    also just saw the new samsung ping touch on another thread.. will that be on o2 only..
    thanks

If you get a phone in Vodafone uk it will be lock to Vodafone UK you won't be able to use it with Vodfone IE SIM unless you get it unlock, same with O2, etc

Each company have their own unlock policies.

Prepaid: you will need to top-up a minimum amount before they unlock, not sure but I'll say depending how much the phone is the top-up amount needed to unlock will change.

Contract: probably you need to be so many months within the contract for them to unlock but if you leave before the contract is over they will charge you for breaking out the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sud1

Thanks for that..
    Looks like he will have to stick with vodafone so..he is looking for a qwerty keyboard type and was hoping for the lg one but as vodafone don't do it he will just have to pick from their selection... does any one know if the new samsung ping touch is going to be avavilable on vodadone..
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You could buy the phone sim free that is unlocked, and it would work with any network here and in the uk. You can buy from ebay or other sites, some of which are listed in the sticky FAQ on the main page.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sud1

Thanks for that I'll have a look into the simfree options... I better hurry up and get my skates on...

Advertisement