Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Day Swim @ Blackrock

Options
  • 09-12-2009 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.copegalway.ie/fundraising-details.php?ID=19

Come on folks, it's that time of year again :)

Even if not for charity, come down on the morning for the craic. Christmas Day can be the most boring (and lonely) day of the year, so if you've no other plans come on down... ye can see me in shorts and nothing else :D :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I shall also be hitting the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I'll be there too. Have done it every year since I was thirteen, not missing this. I believe the tide will be in, thank Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I'll be there too. Have done it every year since I was thirteen, not missing this. I believe the tide will be in, thank Christ!

Yeah it's in just before 11am I think, so i'm gonna aim to be there at 11am for a cheeky dive off the top... in a santa suit hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

i'll be down too

gets a bit easier each passing year... does skin get thicker with age?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

McTigs wrote: »
    i'll be down too

gets a bit easier each passing year... does skin get thicker with age?

No, you just tend to be more and more drunk every time you go down to 'hide' the cold :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Looking forward to it! Never thought of having a few stiff drinks beforehand even though it is a bit early.

I think the swim is a brilliant way to start Xmas day - better than mass anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'd be ashamed anyone seeing me in a cozzie!! I look like a beached whale was eaten by an elephant so.... But fair play to yiz

Advertisement