Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are you getting for Christmas?

• 09-12-2009 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

The girlfriend came in and asked me what I wanted for Christmas and tbh I hadn't even thought of what I want let alone need....so that got me thinking, what are other guys (or gals) getting for Christmas...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dont know. i didnt ask for anything so ill take whatever im given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Well I was asked was I afraid of heights so.....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Buying each other something for €50 this year, the balance of what we normally spend is gone towards a holiday in the states next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

My brother is getting me Assassins Creed 2, apart from that I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well, it's either:

A) Shower gel

or

B) Nothing (Was forgotten about for the past 2 years after the family bought each other extravagent gifts, bastards! :( )

I'd be just happy with some money, at least I can trade that for booze. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

The Trailer Park Boys box set might be coming in from the OH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

All i want for christmas is a few nights of in front of a nice warm fire, some beers and some time with the Family. Oh, and my yearly supply of new socks and jumpers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

sewing machine :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

cookery book :) and a new wii controller

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭xxlilyxx

im getting a 20" flat screen for my room off my ma and wii games off my ma's fella, mac make up off my sister and prop money off the rest my family. i bought myself a wii for xmas and gonna get a phone too :)
    i love xmas, im 22 and still get lots :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Cookbooks and a food processor :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Getting new runners off Santa and probably the usual pjs& socks too! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I just asked my mum for a few dvd's.
    Haven't a clue what the hell my boyfriend is getting me, apparently it's in 3 parts, and is sentimental and will make sense in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Definately a laptop, probably a game/DVD or two, maybe a gadget or book of some descripption also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mr.equinox

Me two front teeth!! lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Some money and more than likely a Linx pack or 3.

I'll be given some money to buy some new clothes for Christmas soon.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

kateos2 wrote: »
    Haven't a clue what the hell my boyfriend is getting me, apparently it's in 3 parts, and is sentimental and will make sense in the long run.
    A tracker mortgage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Them Crooked Vultures ticket for London next week. By getting, I mean already have. Also flights are paid for for it, which is quite cool. They were saying they wouldn't pay for it cos I'd have nothing on the morning...screw that, this is much better!

Girlfriend getting me Them Crooked Vultures album on vinyl and other small things. Dunno what they'll be, so will be cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Well myself & the other half are getting a new telly & lap top this weekend so I had the idea of saying the telly is for him & lap top for me as xmas pressies cos we're a bit strapped with buying for rest of family.

So a laptop I guess. Though I did say to him a few weeks ago I'd like an eternity ring, white gold but with cubic zirconia instead of diamonds. Don't trust source of diamonds after watching Blood Diamond & the jewellers who probably are trustworthy - we can't afford.

I don't know if the ring will turn up, I won't be upset if it doesn't. I think I'd rather the new Foo Fighters greatest hits to be honest... which I mentioned to him a couple weeks ago also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I wish my girlfriend would drop hints like that, unless she has been doing so and I've just been oblivious to them.

Anyway, I'm getting a new Judo Gi (Suit) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Santa is getting me a new phone and a "surprise" pandora bracelet that I said I dont need.

Havent a clue what the brothers have gotten me :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Don't know if I want anything this year, last year I got a daughter on xmas eve so no present is ever going to live up to that.

My wife asked me not sure if i'll get an electric shaver or something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Flip Ultra HD :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Some new Snowboard gear, PS3 games/accessories and other assorted items (socks, jocks, aftershave)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

I have no idea what I'm getting.

But it's apparently better than Jack L tickets (which to me is awesome), so that'll be interesting.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got an early present of a sexy new, semi-acoustic guitar :)

Some little surprises still to come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭Seonad

Flights home to Ireland:)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

An iMac 22" 3.06GHz...

OR

Canon T1i...

OR

Gibson Les Paul Studio...

...if I get on well in my Christmas exams, unlikely but a boy can dream!

• Advertisement

Seonad wrote: »
    Flights home to Ireland:)
    Aw, that's cool. From where?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

big mad headphones and a tonne of books i do believe....
    also a friend of mine has been dropping hints that shes gonna pay for me to get more holes in my ears, which would be awesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Guitar Hero 5, Call of Duty MW2, Assassins Creed 2.
    Dylan Moran's, Neil Delamare's and PJ Gallagher's new DVD's.
    Probably an aftershave and a few clothes and money off the aunties and uncles.
    As always a chocolate lindt bunny off Santy.:D

big mad headphones and a tonne of books i do believe....
    also a friend of mine has been dropping hints that shes gonna pay for me to get more holes in my ears, which would be awesome :D
    I can do that for you for free. I just need a drill and some whiskey.
    baz2009 wrote: »
    Guitar Hero 5, Call of Duty MW2, Assassins Creed 2.
    Dylan Moran's, Neil Delamare's and PJ Gallagher's new DVD's.
    Probably an aftershave and a few clothes and money off the aunties and uncles.
    As always a chocolate lindt bunny off Santy.:D
    Take it from me, your friendly GH&RB&Christmas mod, you want Rock Band 2. Much better game, and it'll last you longer, GH6 will probably be out in March :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

my boyfriend has gotton me a few things and apparently there is a story/connection between them! I know some of them are just little gifts from the euro shop and toyshop to tie it together or help expain the theme or something so i am dying for xmas eve so i can find out!! I think it's gonna be great...he is writing a story explanation letter to go along with it in case i am too dense to figure it out!! Haven't been this excited since I believed in Santy!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

PS3 Games
    Derry City jersey
    derry city hoody
    paris fc merchandise(depends might not get it until i go home)
    basketball shorts
    dvds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Notorious wrote: »
    The Trailer Park Boys box set might be coming in from the OH.
    :):)Crazy show that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

kateos2 wrote: »
    Nuclear Bomb?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I am hoping my husband will get me a charm bracelet. I know my brother is getting me a video camera. Mum always gets me jewellery.

Today is my birthday and our 5th wedding anniversary. I am totally spoiled by family and friends. A beautiful painting and jewellery from my husband, A group of my girlfriends got together and got me the most amazing Vivenne Westwood handbag. It is beautiful. I also got a lovely guess wallet, perfume. gift tokens and flowers. I was taked out for a lovely lunch by my wonderful husband and tonight we are going to have a take away, champaigne and cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Been dropping hints for the last 2 years about wanting a Nintendo Wii.
    Highly doubt I'll be lucky enough to get it, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I asked for nothing from my parents. I don't really need anything. They have been asking me lately though if my passport is still valid. I think it could be a trip to Newcastle to see a match which would be pretty cool.

My gf got me two graphic novels, a pair of slippers, socks, two books and shower gels and body spray. (She said that was a present for her so she could sniff me) .....

My sister is getting me two graphic novels too so a lot of reading for me over the holidays which is a nice change than getting a load of DVD's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I'm getting money off my parents so I can go on a mad clubbing Weekend in London and Portrush in January. They're paying for flights & accomodation from Belfast International.

One of my sisters got me two CD's I asked for.

No clue about anybody else or anything else, I don't need anything else really :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

What are you getting for christmas?

Tis a bit early yet son. give me 11 months and i'll let you know.

Ho ho ho

Advertisement