Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New job in Dun Laoghaire - Thinking about moving to the area..

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I've been living here for 8/9 months and I've been out in town twice - once was at a gig. How depressing. :mad: 'Thinking of heading in with my girlfriend tonight. Anyone know a good place for live bands on a Sunday?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Oh I forgot to update this,

Ended up going to Flannerys first

This spot was alright, was there around 10 and it was grand for awhile, was there having the craic and then all of a sudden the place was jammed, and jammed full of loud gob****es bumping into everyone as well, so was getting well pissed off in there and decided to leave

Then headed over to Dicie Reillys

Nice looking spot but seemed very small inside and was nowhere to sit there or even a corner to stand in, outside area seemed nice but it was freezing and lashing rain, people had "bigged" up this spot so was expecting a lot but it was dire and boring but I've been told that it had to be the night as it is meant to be usually good?

Was so bored there though that we left at 1 and went to Whelans

Whelans was the only spot I had a bit of enjoyment in, the place is a dive but great great music and the people in there were a bit o craic, so was fun in there, but it ended at 2:30 on the dot which seems a bit early to me? back home nightclubs usually tail off around 3:00 am.

So overall it wasn't a great night but maybe I went to the wrong places?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Should have went to coppers :)

I like Flannerys but you're right it can get irritating especially if your standing.
    I'm not diceys biggest fan (or Whelans for that mater) You couuld have tried the Bleeding Horse, just at the top of Camden Street or the Odeon

ah yeh I heard coppers is for us culchies :D

Will probably try there this weekend.

Yeh I was enjoying Flannery's until it got jammed.

Never heard of the bleeding horse or the Odeon, what are they like?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

draffodx wrote: »
    ah yeh I heard coppers is for us culchies :D

Will probably try there this weekend.

Yeh I was enjoying Flannery's until it got jammed.

Never heard of the bleeding horse or the Odeon, what are they like?

I like both, the Bleeding Horse, i like for a few beers has a normal boozer appeal to it. The odeon is at the stop for Harcourt on the green line, I like it its been a while since I was there but was always packed.

Cassidys across from the BH I like aswell.

• Advertisement

Will be trying out the Odean soon! :D

More questions though, is there an ATM in monkstown?

And wheres the nicest take away close to Monkstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

More questions though, is there an ATM in monkstown?
    The spar shop has one AFAIR.

Blowfish wrote: »
    The spar shop has one AFAIR.

is it open late?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Spar has the only atm in Monkstown. Open 'til 10 I think??

I like Oritental Express, are you driving? if so its only a couple of mins away on Oliver Plunkett Road, there's another one there "Paddy Fields" stay clear :)

• Advertisement

And wheres the nicest take away close to Monkstown?

What type of food?

Indian, I would say Shakira in Dun Laoghaire - they deliver and it is gorgeous food.

Chinese, not sure of the nicest, there are two in monkstown, one called Amerta which is grand, and The victoria, can't comment on what it's like.

Thai, there is one in monkstown, the name of which escapes me (tim tam or something strange) at the moment, it's a bit down from spar. There's diep at home in blackrock which is really nice, I think they deliver.

For chipper there is the central cafe in blackrock which I can absolutely say are the nicest chips EVER (although only ever eaten when drunk :D)

Ended up driving into Blackrock and getting an Eddie Rockets, had a craving for an Oreo cookie milkshake :D

Had a footlong yesterday with some cheese chips, been a long time but was nice!

Advertisement