Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGC 2K10 - ScrewAttack Games Convention

Options
  • 09-12-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

As a faithful g1 to ScrewAttack.com it's my responsibility to advertise SGC to you all. Seeing as how all of the people i know who play games in Ireland lurk usually only in the part of the games forum i'll post it here, so please don't move it. SCG was founded last year & got off to an amazing start with 900 attendees over 3 days in a weekend in July. It was held in Destin DFW (Dallas Fort Worth) Hotel. It was advertised as 'A Games Con Like No Other' and were they right. 1st year guests included a friendly debate Between Mark Methenitis, & Jack Thompson. Other guests included Angry Video Game Nerd & Cinemassacre director James Rolfe, Psychotaku & of course the ScrewAttack employees. Also held at the event was the annual ScrewAttack games competition, The Iron Man Of Gaming, which included the games of old and new such as, Dig Dug, NBA Jam, Megaman 1, Gran Turismo 5, COD4, and of course, Street Fighter 4. Also held was an eating contest VS fat SA employee, Jose El Mexicano, among other things. Already announced for 2010 is controversial director UWE BOLL, who will be taking any questions from the attendees. SGC was amazing last year, so why not take time out & do a road trip of the USA this year?

PROTIP: It's on 1 week before EVO ;)

Date: 2nd-4th July 2010
    Loc: Destin DFW Hotel, 3 minutes away from DFW Airport.
    Time: Once it starts, it doesn't stop! Full schedule of events will be released closer to event.
    Price: Rooms are 99 dollars a night, but can fit up to 5 people per room, and group discounts over 10 people also receive a special group bonus.

I realize people usually slam SA for saying ew SA their S*** at games and their idiots etc, but tbh who cares it's a convention they've established for people to go have fun at. So i say why not.

http://www.ScrewAttack.com
    http://www.SGConvention.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Hmmm,

Ewe Bowel is top notch, Angry video game nerd also awesome.

But there's fook all SF really to do with the event.

To the games section I say, and don't spare the horses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Actually they have over 300+ arcade cabinets set up around the area, with every fighting game u can possibly think of. Included is the original 6 player xmen aswell ;) They have consoles set up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Stuttering craig screwed over Handsome Tom.

or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

There used to be a fairly good looking chick too, i think she left with handsome tom, something liz.
    I stopped watching when he replaced them with a bunch of no name idiot kids.
    The content on the site was getting old anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

bugs wrote: »
    There used to be a fairly good looking chick too, i think she left with handsome tom, something liz.

Perfect Liz!! She was cool. By the way, Xinkai, did you go to the one last year? I remember reading about it. Unfortunately, I was in the "bring back Tom" camp and felt that it lost a lot when he left. For those people who have never seen screwattack, here is the sort of thing that you missed out on (fighting game related!)

And while we're at it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'll leave this here long as it sticks with fighting games. Wanders off and it's off to the games forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really can't stand the amateur crap that screwattack put out. Still wouldn't mind going to one of these conventions although I think PAX would be a better bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

As i've stated, it's not about ScrewAttack, it's about the convention in total, which is 1 week before EVO if anyone is interested in attending the 2.

I posted this here because i know all of you, i don't really know anyone in the games forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If anyone is going can some one do me a favour and punch whoever was responsible for the screwattack top 10 shoot'em ups ever that gave the top spot to UN squadron and didn't mention radiant silvergun or soukyugurentai? :P

(I'll never forgive that :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Xinkai wrote: »
    As a faithful g1 to ScrewAttack.com

Whats a g1? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement