Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What gets red wine out of a shirt?

• 09-12-2009 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Howdy, got a bit of red wine on a decent light blue shirt at the weekend - have washed with your normal Persil but still a faint sign on it. What is the best for getting rid of these type of stains?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

die the shirt red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Soda water works on red wine although probably before you washed it. Its worth a try though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Former barman here :cool:

+1 on the soda water, it'll work

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

White wine. May not work on dried stains though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Having washed the shirt already you've 'set' the stain. You really need to get to wine stains while they are still fresh. At that point dabbing it out with soda (or even white wine) will work but I think that you are past help now.
    You COULD try a boil wash but that is fraught with hazards depending on the shirt.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I had a red wine stain on a (synthetic i think) top for three months, only got round to handwashing the other night with Ariel handwash powder, did the trick no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Buy Vanish soap. Rub a thick layer of it on and wash as normal.

Advertisement