Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things 3.3

Options
  • 09-12-2009 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Figure it will be the main talking point for the next while, so to keep things concise.

I came home to a guild vent with people fuming they couldnt get into instances, there was like an hour lockout or some ****.

I just logged into what felt like id left the game 6 months, complete mayhem, dont know what im doing

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The new 5-man instances are great. Gear and difficulty aside, they are great fun. Arthas is great in it, and its got a nice epic feel to it. Managed to get myself from 1100 spell power to 1700 in a few hours :P

The new map is good, and the cross server lfg seems to work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So messed around a little.

The LFG system is fantastic, I love it, the way you can select what you want etc, fantastic.

The LFR system is the same.

Buff box is a nice idea, as is the debuff on bosses, saviour for warlocks and druids.

The rewards for me, is a good thing,yes its easier, yes its slacker friendly, so for me, its epic :D

Granted instance servers are full, to be expected for the coming week, other then that, I'm seriously impressed..

Even the 3.3 release trailer was immense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Enjoying my rogue.... 9k dps in 10 mans is fun... while it lasts.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

really really happy with shadowpriests now. they didn't overly buff us, seemed to just do a good job. will have to wait and see how we scale with t10. did the new heroics last night on my pally tank. quite enjoyable, halls of reflection was a bit of a bugger with all the ranged adds but glad to have a heroic that we cant just aoe down :) really nicely done imo. didnt get into ICC, heading in for the ten man tonight so fingers crossed it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Tried tankin 1st boss on the 3rd new instance. One where get 10 waves. Couldnt manage to get past the 3rd/4th wave on it :( That said was a blood DK with possibly ulduar level gear just as is an alt. Was a nightmare to try and tank it :( That said lookin forward to finally gettin a decent trinket and cloak on my main (Rogue) with the emblems and even the trinket from heroic dungeon there, it may be more combat based though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Crappy patch so far imo.

I was looking forward to ICC but over 30 raiders online and im still on trial so had to sitout without rolling :(

I was raging inside :mad:

Then i tried the new group tool and its not as good as i anticipated :rolleyes:

People leaving when you enter instance, instances not opening as too many open (knew this would be a problem tbh how come blizz didnt :rolleyes: )

I even got entered into one of the new heroics when the group had cleared all the way to last boss, this one really pissed me off, im doing heroics for badges and possibley loot for offspec i dont want to get saved to a one badge instance.

The cash/badge rewards are a nice touch though and will keep me using the tool, the weekly raid daily is v nice, we had to kill patch and had it done in about 15mins, shorter than a heroic tbh. I hope the others are more of a challenge considering its a weekly thing =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I love the new cross server lfg/lfr.
    Done the starting quest for the new instances early this morning on my DK and just thought I'd try the new lfg and see how it went. Completed the whole 3 instances with the same pug and only wiped once due to the tank making a bad pull.
    Really enjoyed it now, new instances are pretty good.

Pumping out some nice dps dual weilding on my DK now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

nix wrote: »
    I even got entered into one of the new heroics when the group had cleared all the way to last boss, this one really pissed me off, im doing heroics for badges and possibley loot for offspec i dont want to get saved to a one badge instance.

ye i entered one where only the last boss was killed. annoying to say the liest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Berns wrote: »
    Tried tankin 1st boss on the 3rd new instance. One where get 10 waves. Couldnt manage to get past the 3rd/4th wave on it :( That said was a blood DK with possibly ulduar level gear just as is an alt. Was a nightmare to try and tank it :( That said lookin forward to finally gettin a decent trinket and cloak on my main (Rogue) with the emblems and even the trinket from heroic dungeon there, it may be more combat based though.

What you do there is fairly simple, have everyone hide around the corner in one of the alcoves where the bosses are, and they'll all come to you bunched up. LoS ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

What you do there is fairly simple, have everyone hide around the corner in one of the alcoves where the bosses are, and they'll all come to you bunched up. LoS ftw!

^^ Yep, works great. Druid healer in the group today had done the instance yesterday so told us this trick and we waltzed through it.

• Advertisement

bugger... we did this the hard way... :( wasnt fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Nehaxak wrote: »
    I love the new cross server lfg/lfr.
    Done the starting quest for the new instances early this morning on my DK and just thought I'd try the new lfg and see how it went. Completed the whole 3 instances with the same pug and only wiped once due to the tank making a bad pull.
    Really enjoyed it now, new instances are pretty good.

Pumping out some nice dps dual weilding on my DK now too.

Aye, same here, really like the cross server LFG feature, same as yourself we went through all 3 instances, was my first time in there too so was really good to see fresh content again :D

We didn't wipe but on the boss with the waves of mobs I did die, looks like one of those mages 2 shotted me lol but the shadow priest that was with us was actually a really good healer to boot so he saved the day :D

One thing that did annoy me was the bug with the ship at the end, I went too far onto ship and got DC'd, when I relogged I somehow got the final quest to speak to Jaina but couldn't complete it as when you try to leave the ship you DC.

A word of warning, don't jump off the ship!!! lol I had to relog about 15 times and each time I appeared in mid air, hit the ground, game froze and DC'd, lol eventually I just appeared in Westfall :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Splinter wrote: »
    bugger... we did this the hard way... :( wasnt fun

Did it that way myself too, had quite a few wipes I tell ya. ;)

Aye, same here, really like the cross server LFG feature, same as yourself we went through all 3 instances, was my first time in there too so was really good to see fresh content again :D

We didn't wipe but on the boss with the waves of mobs I did die, looks like one of those mages 2 shotted me lol but the shadow priest that was with us was actually a really good healer to boot so he saved the day :D

One thing that did annoy me was the bug with the ship at the end, I went too far onto ship and got DC'd, when I relogged I somehow got the final quest to speak to Jaina but couldn't complete it as when you try to leave the ship you DC.

A word of warning, don't jump off the ship!!! lol I had to relog about 15 times and each time I appeared in mid air, hit the ground, game froze and DC'd, lol eventually I just appeared in Westfall :S
    got the shaman in our group to do it. i stood on the edge and jumped onto the lower ledge under the main deck of the zepplin and he thought i just jumped off so followed me.. idiot :pac:

Ran the normal 5 man instances ( new ones this morning) and really enjoyed them big time. Had a ball.

The dungeon finder was fixed this morning, with the number of people down so you could enter instances, and I was finding groups within 4 minutes it was great.

Before you select yourself into an instance you can clearly see how many bosses are down, so I don't see the problem there.

Its great fun, havnt had a chance to use the looknig for raid one yet , thats tomorrow, but so far I'm impressed.

And the option to only see my debuffs on a target is a ****ing godsend.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Ran the normal 5 man instances ( new ones this morning) and really enjoyed them big time. Had a ball.

The dungeon finder was fixed this morning, with the number of people down so you could enter instances, and I was finding groups within 4 minutes it was great.

Before you select yourself into an instance you can clearly see how many bosses are down, so I don't see the problem there.

Its great fun, havnt had a chance to use the looknig for raid one yet , thats tomorrow, but so far I'm impressed.

i havnt tested this debuff/buff thing yet, do you mind me asking, does it show countdown timers like quartz/omnicc does?

TheDoc wrote: »

I dont choose my instance, i go with automatic for the extra gold/badges :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fatjebus

Load of absolute dogdick, at least you'll be able to gear up blue geared alts with 4x conquest gear in a week.

ICC is dramatically easy.......WP! blizzard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Love it tbh, dont have loads of free time to play and gear up. and when i do play its late at night. Getting in dungeons is no longer a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭expediateclimb

Tried it yesterday and while the new system for groups seems like a good idea I had a problem with being able to enter any dungeons as they were all full. Hopefully that'll be rectified in the nxt few days.

The trailer for the new patch does look pretty cool, Arthas under that helmet looks like he's pissing his pants ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Is there a cap on the number of heroics i can run now with the random instance lfg, or is still one of each a day?

well i was able to run the pit instance twice today, i got it through random group search so maybe its only possible through that..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

new lfg system. One of our guildy's, not the best geared, tried to do lookin for raid last night for ICC i think. Gotta message sayin that gearscore wasn't high enuff :D bye bye carried pugs :D

So we got 2 raids together for ICC last night, ten mans. really good fun. nice fights, epic trash though (i missed trash,stupid toc). first boss is ok, agro is a little funny after the bone whirl but that was a dbm issue i think. Lady deathwhisper is good aswell, interesting debuff. loved the gunship battle i have to say.really really good fun that one and never saw the fourth boss as people had to leave. either way, i quite like the place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

The new LFG system is great, everyone I met last night was kinda stunned by how quick it is to get a group now, and not having to get a couple of players to a meeting stone is a major plus. I got into two random dungeon groups last night in a matter of minutes.

A couple of times I was in a group where no-one had done the instance before, which shows how few people were doing dungeons up to now. We also had a few tanks bailing on us in RFK because someone fell off a bridge or something, and they didn't feel like waiting. The new system is going to show up poorer players a lot quicker, but I suppose these players also have the perfect opportunity to play in a group now, so everyone should skill up a bit faster.

I take it back, the system is prooving to be great. pretty much all groups have been great and we plowed through the heroics.

Although some gimps ninjaing looting is annoying, i dont really care but i want me orbs for my icy prisms :D

The halls of reflection is pretty cool with the lich king chasing, love the ship opening fire on him at the end, reminded me of neo coming to morpheuses rescue on the chopper with the mini gun in the matrix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Much <3 for the LFG system. Quick and easy to find groups and normally not a group of noob cakes either. Although thats the role I play on my rogue :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Is anyone else having issues with looting? My shaman can't need on caster cloth, I don't know if this is because he's currently specced enhance or because it's cloth. Only came up when priest healer and me both decided to roll on offspec caster gear and I couldn't, I didn't hear that they'd put in loot priorities in the random raids.

Great system in general but. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Whats the story with "link achiev plz", is that gone out the window with the LFR system?

• Advertisement

You are restricted to looting items that dont match you class.

Mages can only roll on cloth and nothing else
    Warriors can only roll on plate and mail with attack power or tank stats, they cant roll on mail with spellpower.

What you can roll on depends on your spec and your class. If you need things for offspec, they must be traded to you by one of the other party members. Which is a brilliant idea.

The absolute pain in the tits I used to get with classes that could wear leather and mail rolling on cloth items was ****ing annoying. Nevermind those sly bastards who would quickly change spec and say " main spec i need" it essentially just took all that bull**** out of there.

I've noticed a severe drop in the number of people asking for achievements. You can only enter heroics or raids, if you have the required item level. So you know when someone is randomly thrown into your group, they have the amount of gear required to do the instance, and the only factor left is their skill, which was hardly ever found out before hand either.

So in essence, I've noticed " whisper achievement" gone over night which is fantastic, and something blizzard said they wanted to get away from. Achievements never were and never will be a measure of ksill, its just a fun extra.

You can run any heroic instance as much as you want through the random system. You cannot specifically choose to run pit of saron or halls of lighning over and over, however, you have no lockouts when you do random search. Which means in theory, you could do five runs of any heroic daily. But its random, and the generator does best to match you into an instance you have not done for that day.

Its a fantastic system thats working a treat.

And I think its got a bonus for people like me, in guilds like mine. The odd time we are kinda stuck for maybe a dps or something similar for our ten man runs.

We just have a nosey at Looking for Raid, and you can just pick someone, knowing they are geared for it. Something that could be achieved previously, but after having to armoury inspect and achieve inspect, you just know now someone requesting Toc10, can do ToC10.

We also had a ****ing immense experience doing an ulduar 25.

We thought " If the LFD system can match a 3man group with a 2man group into a 5man, maybe it can mix our 10 man with another 15 or 10 man."

Long and behold, we got merged with another ten man guild for Ulduar 25 in a matter of minutes, and we just got the last 5 dps and off we went. And Ulduar 25 man run, that took less then 10 minutes to setup, and was a joy to do.

Might have been pure pot luck, but we are doing our ten mans tonight and going to try the system again for a 25 man later in the evening and I'll report back.

All in all I'm thoroughly impressed, and from reading elsewhere like other fan forums and official forums, the patch has been a resounding success, and theres only minute and i mean very minute " omfg scrub patch 3.3" "welcome to Scrub craft"

Good job Blizzard, youve never let me down ever

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement