Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things 3.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

DapperGent wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with looting? My shaman can't need on caster cloth, I don't know if this is because he's currently specced enhance or because it's cloth. Only came up when priest healer and me both decided to roll on offspec caster gear and I couldn't, I didn't hear that they'd put in loot priorities in the random raids.

Great system in general but. :)

There is actually something with that ...
    I can't check now as I'm in work

But a guy in our guild who is a druid couldn't need on leather / or was it mail .. something like that as there was someones class in the party who primarily wears that gear & they got it.

But again thats a rough idea, I'm not totally sure at the moment if it's a bug.#

EDIT : as I was typing this, someone was able to post the proper details :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Couple of issues I've had now so far are some really poor tanks, warriors in particular it seems and one druid last night in pvp gear tanking :(
    Some poor healing priests also.

A lot of ninja'ing going on, tanks rolling need on dps loot, dps rolling on tanking loot, really annoying. I know there's dual specs but you should be rolling need on your main spec you're running in the instance.

Most people also rolling need on the orbs while others rolling greed, so it's confusing. Reckon it'll turn out everyone will just roll need on orbs in future.

Other than that though, been pretty much good fun and instances/groups are a lot more accessible/available.

Generally overall now I like the changes a lot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Only resubbed lastnight,i tried the dungeon finder and it is simply amazing and for me quite possibly the biggest single addition blizz have put into the game.
    In a matter of minutes i find groups on my priest.
    I havent tried my dps or tank classes yet.

The only flaw i came across in the three runs ive done was some hunter got a sword or polearm from the first boss in one of the new 5 mans,he instantly left the group and with the cross server scenario we had no way of contacting him,it seems people can come and go as they please with no repercutins at all.
    Is there anyway of blacklisting people so we are not matched with them in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Dcully wrote: »
    Is there anyway of blacklisting people so we are not matched with them in the future?

Apparently you won't be matched with people on your ignore list. Now, can you ignore cross-realm?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Mena wrote: »
    Apparently you won't be matched with people on your ignore list. Now, can you ignore cross-realm?

/ignore <name> - <realm>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

By jesus there's an awful irritating mob pathing bug that makes grouping up packs highly frustrating when you're tanking. One backstep, or sidestep and they all spazz out and go in all kinds of directions. Was tanking on my Death Knight in Pit of Saron and ended up with 4 mobs that kept staying behind me. It's really irritating and I hope we get a hotfix for it soon.

Other than that, I'm extremely impressed with the new looking for group feature. It's absolutely marvelous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

using the LFR finder, you need a certain gear score before you can use it?

i cant seem to find it.

meh nvm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Cool sounds like a good patch still waiting till the next xpack before i give it another bash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

nix wrote: »
    Crappy patch so far imo.

I was looking forward to ICC but over 30 raiders online and im still on trial so had to sitout without rolling :(

I was raging inside :mad:

And that's blizzards fault somehow???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

And that's blizzards fault somehow???

Helps to read the rest of the information connected to my post
    Crappy patch so far imo.

Then i tried the new group tool and its not as good as i anticipated :rolleyes:

People leaving when you enter instance, instances not opening as too many open (knew this would be a problem tbh how come blizz didnt :rolleyes: )

I even got entered into one of the new heroics when the group had cleared all the way to last boss, this one really pissed me off, im doing heroics for badges and possibley loot for offspec i dont want to get saved to a one badge instance.

My dismay at the time was in regards to the above occurances, being unable to raid added to my frustration, hence why i said it was a crappy patch, never on patch day was i left so bored/frustrated.

I'm not even sure why you bothered posting tbh as you clearly didnt read my post :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

By jesus there's an awful irritating mob pathing bug that makes grouping up packs highly frustrating when you're tanking. One backstep, or sidestep and they all spazz out and go in all kinds of directions. Was tanking on my Death Knight in Pit of Saron and ended up with 4 mobs that kept staying behind me. It's really irritating and I hope we get a hotfix for it soon.

Strafe in circles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thinking i might try and gear my Paladin up and do some tanking. Getting a bit bored of dps'ing with my characters, and could do with some actual responsibility in groups. Maybe that'll give me more of an incentive to keep playing. Given that we technically can't automatically roll on offspec gear now, would it be easier to just tank some of the easier normal instances to slowly build up my gear, or do the heroics as Retribution, with a Druid tank, and roll on the gear then?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Getting emblems for fun, i give a within a week before my druid is healing and dpsing raids, immense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Is there a way to add friends now that are on other server's now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

I dunno, fairly mixed reviews on my part so far. First few instances I ran were fine, loved the LFG feature. But the last 4/5 instances I've come across quite a few players who were poorly geared. Came across a Ret Pally with a mix of Tanking/DPS gear/PvP gear and the odd green to boot. He pretty much needed on everything Tanking/DPS plate. When questioned why he was needing on the Tanking stuff he said it was his main spec...Pissed me right off. Horrible DPS to boot obv. And I couldn't kick him since I had already started a boot on a all greens/blues healer.

Other than that, loving the new instances. Nice change of pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The Quel'Delar quest chain was extremely epic.

Can't believe now how short a time it's taken me to upgrade my dps gear on the DK. I had only Naxx/Ulduar related gear and weapons since I stopped raiding but over the last couple days since the patch I've upgraded my Waist, Boots, 2 x rings, Sigil, Chest, neck and 3 x new 1h weapons (I used 2 x Angry Dreads previously). Even managed to get into an Ony 25 group and got the Raging Deathbringer 1h axe.

Frost lotus seems to have a higher drop rate when herbing and I also seem to be getting more procs with elixir mastery, oh and my flasks are all selling very quick (35g ea) as more people doing instances/raiding than normal I guess.
    Dead happy with the patch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

I havn't played wow since the summer and doubt I will go back to it until may, but this latest patch has gotten me extremely interested again, all i liked doing was lvling alts by doing instances, and it seems like that would be much easier to do now, one question tho, are you allowed to do each heroic more than once a day now or is it still fixed at 1 a day?

Just had Drake mounted crossbox ninja'd by a poxy rotten rogue. That just absolutely sucks.
    Hunters should be given absolute priority on ranged weapons :mad:

Hátbaszur-Bloodscalp was the ninja, so please if you're in the same Battlegroup and see him, remove him from your party.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

• Advertisement

I think my realm just sucks ass. I queued for 20 minutes last night for the new 5-mans as a DPS, and didnt get one invite to a group. Was kind of annoying. Now if only i could move my characters to a different server without having to play a load of money to move the 3 of them. They should really have a move account feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Just had Drake mounted crossbox ninja'd by a poxy rotten rogue. That just absolutely sucks.

Hátbaszur-Bloodscalp was the ninja, so please if you're in the same Battlegroup and see him, remove him from your party.

so he rolled need on a item that he can use and helped get to drop.....

and this is ninja'ing?

I even got entered into one of the new heroics when the group had cleared all the way to last boss, this one really pissed me off, im doing heroics for badges and possibley loot for offspec i dont want to get saved to a one badge instance.

Someone mentioned this already but I think it was misread. Before you accept an invite to a group in progress it clearly says how many bosses have been killed in the instance on the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

By jesus there's an awful irritating mob pathing bug that makes grouping up packs highly frustrating when you're tanking. One backstep, or sidestep and they all spazz out and go in all kinds of directions. Was tanking on my Death Knight in Pit of Saron and ended up with 4 mobs that kept staying behind me. It's really irritating and I hope we get a hotfix for it soon

That is the single most irratating thing about the new patch. Especially with the large amount of caster pulls in the new dungeons/raids. There will be a hotfix soon apparently.

You didnt get saved to a 1 badge instance. You got saved to a 3 badge + 13 gold instance. When you complete the dungeon you get 2 extra badges and gold, so thats pretty good for 5 mins of a pull. Assuming you used the lfg tool that is.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Getting emblems for fun, i give a within a week before my druid is wiping raids, immense
    FYP!

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Is there a way to add friends now that are on other server's now ?
    Yeah, think its /friend <name> - <server>

The Quel'Delar quest chain was extremely epic.

Havent frickin done it yet cos while Hilts were dropping like candy the first 2 days while i was working, they hotfixed the drop rate and now they sell for 17k gold on our server :(
    Kiith wrote: »
    I think my realm just sucks ass. I queued for 20 minutes last night for the new 5-mans as a DPS, and didnt get one invite to a group. Was kind of annoying. Now if only i could move my characters to a different server without having to play a load of money to move the 3 of them. They should really have a move account feature.

Its not your server, its your battlegroup. The lfg works exactly like BGs in that it takes people from the entire battlegroup rather than a realm.

You have a point tho, it takes a lot longer to find something as a dps. I spent about 15 mins qued on my mage which is full tier 9.5 and as soon as i finished that, logged to my tank and got a group directly after pressing 'tank'.

Roll a tank or healer and youll get them quick.

If your a Warrior, Paladin, DK, Druid, Shaman or Priest thats complaining about wait times, disregard all that and accept my "l2spec noob" instead:)
    ( The amount of times ive joined a group "lf tank + healer", comprised of a warrior, paladin and druid just isnt funny)

Dustaz wrote: »
    Roll a tank or healer and youll get them quick.

If your a Warrior, Paladin, DK, Druid, Shaman or Priest thats complaining about wait times, disregard all that and accept my "l2spec noob" instead:)
    ( The amount of times ive joined a group "lf tank + healer", comprised of a warrior, paladin and druid just isnt funny)
    It was my Paladin that i was looking to group with, but as i have decent Ret gear, i figured it would be easier to get some tanking gear while running the instances/heroics as Ret. My tanking gear is pretty **** at the moment.

Will try and remedy that later though.

jabberwock wrote: »
    so he rolled need on a item that he can use and helped get to drop.....

and this is ninja'ing?

Considering Rogues are better using Thrown weapons and that there are better thrown weapons in the game, even from vendors. Yes, yes it was a ninja. It's a huntard weapon plain and simple. No rogue worth anything would use a ranged weapon over a thrown weapon and especially wouldn't need roll on it over a hunter.
    Seems to be a fairly crap realm for ninja's and rubbish players horde side anyway.

He also did absolutely crap dps and every Hc since then, if someone is doing rubbish dps, we vote them out soon as we can and I hope that idea catches on and stays that way.

But anyway yeah, am hoping for Felglacier Bolter or even Rimebane Rifle from PoS at some stage instead.

Just got Felglacier Bolter for my hunter so happy now :p

Hilt dropped also, a mage won it then left the group :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Dustaz wrote: »

You didnt get saved to a 1 badge instance. You got saved to a 3 badge + 13 gold instance. When you complete the dungeon you get 2 extra badges and gold, so thats pretty good for 5 mins of a pull. Assuming you used the lfg tool that is.

I needed the first boss to do the quest chain to do the rest of the instances :)

Got that Perky Pug pet on my hunter today for grouping with 100 random people using the new dungeon finder.
    Nice little pet, scratches it's arse off the ground every now and again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I'm hoping to get a bit more luck with random HC's..

I've been on 2 so far, & in one of them the lock ran right into the Halls of Reflection (part where all the waves come) & then said after we wiped that they didn't know that started it off.

Second one, one of the DPS constantly insulted the healer, kicked the tank out & was just going mental!

Was crazy! Gonna try again later... must reach 100 pets.. somehow :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nehaxak wrote: »

He needed it, you needed it, you lost the roll. Seems fair to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement