Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things 3.3

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

On my Rogue, i'd never need on a ranged weapon over a hunter. I realise that the stats will help a Rogue as well, but its their primary source of damage, whereas its something i'd rarely ever use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Rogues and Warriors should only be able to use thrown weapons tbh

And im sorry furry but your a bit of a dope to be thinking like that :rolleyes:

no offense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

what about hunters needing melee weapons !!! WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THAT !

Oh yeah, my shaman dinged 80 on saturday night.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kazzak&n=Ohbai

Thanks for making this game hard ! LOL Just from doing hcs/ random hcs

Well hunters have special melee attacks so they have that in their defense, if i was a hunter myself i would only need on a melee weapon if nobody else needed it.

Wars and rogues however cant do anything with a bow/gun/crossbow but auto attack which is why its lame.

It's a matter of applying logic really.. :p

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

nix wrote: »
    Well hunters have special melee attacks so they have that in their defense, if i was a hunter myself i would only need on a melee weapon if nobody else needed it.

Wars and rogues however cant do anything with a bow/gun/crossbow but auto attack which is why its lame.

It's a matter of applying logic really.. :p
    just to prove a point, we were fighting lady deathwhisper on ten man and between the adds spawning, one of our rogues was shooting her with his bow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can you apply logic without having to resort to personal insults?

If it's an increase in gear/stats for the Rogue and he's done just as much as the Hunter in clearing the instance, then he has every right to roll for it. It's not like Hunters don't roll on everything anyway.....

Ok then take offense if you must, i didnt know any other way to put it tbh, i was mocking your frame of thought for that particular scenario as it is wrong.

Wars and rogues can farm for epic thrown weapons which they have special attacks for, they arent the best special attacks but a special attack none the less, they pump out more damage with them..

I have also stated hunters shouldnt need on everything and not all of them do..

Not all rogues roll on ranged tho... lol... only retarded ones. I for one would never roll on a ranged weapon if a hunter needs it.

I know, im not saying they do, im saying those that do are greedy dopes.

Where as furry is the opposite and supports the nooberosity of such greed :D

• Advertisement

Are you really unable to make your point without coming across so obnoxiously?

Not on this occasion, I grow tired of the ignorance some people can dish out, and as you can see, I don't react too well to it... Not today anyway :pac:

nix wrote: »
    Not on this occasion, I grow tired of the ignorance some people can dish out, and as you can see, I don't react too well to it... Not today anyway :pac:
    all you are showing is your immaturity and obnoxiousness, its nothing short of personal abuse and to be honest there is zero need for it. i play a shadowpriest, you want abuse over loot? try that one, i roll on spirit items (so called "healer" items) as they benefit me. and pre 3.3 i had to contest rolling against shamans,boomkins and resto druids over my gear, now define fair? either way, the bow was an upgrade to the rogue and i hope he puts it to good use

I think your over reacting here people, firstly i didnt call anybody a retard.

I said he was a bit of a dope for thinkin there was nothing wrong with a rogue needing on a bow over a hunter.

Secondly i dont have a hunter, i just think its stupid for a rogue to need over a hunter for a bow.

Thirdly i have a rogue and would/have never need/needed on a bow regardless of what little stat benefits it gives unless it was going to be DE'd/vendored. Also as soon as that rogue gets his thrown weapon the first thing he will do is vendor it, where as the hunter is probably still trying to farm the bloody thing. Share and care no?

Fourthly i do play a caster, my main is a shadow priest. I dont mind losing to someone else that actually has great use for the item, i would only flip out at say a caster shammy needing on a cloth item that i needed, thankfully it has never happened, mainly because people see how stupid that is, pity it doesnt swing both ways for this hunter/rogue/warrior bow ordeal as it should...

It's not how it is for all, its how some people look at it though, following suite and giving in to the greedy view of the game just adds to it and makes it a poor gaming experience for all.

There are some good people in this game, they dont always play the greed role.

Like me and pretty much everybody i play wow with..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Can you apply logic without having to resort to personal insults?

If it's an increase in gear/stats for the Rogue and he's done just as much as the Hunter in clearing the instance, then he has every right to roll for it. It's not like Hunters don't roll on everything anyway.....

lol :rolleyes:

He done 838 dps. It was a ninja, he knew it and most other wow players would agree. I can't understand how anyone could condone/defend a ninja. Either you do not understand either class or you think it's perfectly ok to ninja items that clearly belong and are much better used by other classes.

However, happy ending to all of this, I got the cnut in another group today for FoS and because I had everything I needed, I stayed quiet and just stuck with it.

Then this dropped from Devourer of Souls http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=50203

And

I

Clicked

NEED

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Nauru

:D:D:D

I had an uncontrollable bout of reverse nerd rage as I thumped my fist in the air and called my monitor a dirty filthy something or other.
    He left the group when I won the roll.

Sweet sweet revenge :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Oh and, just in case there was any doubt it was a ninja...

Screenshot of him taking out xbow to wave in my face after he won it.
    Second screenshot that shows his crap dps.

So whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Dam hunters (aint there another name :P) Raid leader got yapped at a bit when we started doin joint raids with another guild over me rollin for a bow, hunter had just won a gun from the boss b4 and wanted it :rolleyes:. Guilt tripped into passin it over but goes both way's now so was happy enough. Now we get DK's and warriors rollin on agility stuff now :( Need more daggers imo :p

That battered hilt thing, what they hype about. Goin for like 25/50k and only a 251 weapon. Prob get similar in ICC 10 and better in 25 aint there??? People actually buyin em at that price????

yup i picked up a 251 weapon off the first boss in icecrown ten

Why on earth would you even consider staying in a group with someone that does 838 DPS? I'm sure he wasn't that bad though because recount isn't working with cross-realm PUGs but still, if you believed he was that awful, why stay in a group with him? Enact a kick-vote and get rid.

You're placing too much emphasis on ownership either way that bow didn't 'belong' to you, it wasn't stolen from you, and it dropping doesn't give you an automatic right to it. You may feel hard done by, but the that's the way the game goes. If something drops that a player will use for his main spec (main spec being the spec he's using in the raid) then he has every right to roll for it. Sure if I'm running with guildmates or friends I might pass stuff to help them, but I have no such reservations when running with PUGs and I'll roll need on a minor upgrade for me against a major upgrade for someone else. The bow was a stat upgrade for the guy that rolled for it and he has every right to do so - just like you did with the sword that, according to you, you 'ninjaed'.

• Advertisement

Why on earth would you even consider staying in a group with someone that does 838 DPS? I'm sure he wasn't that bad though because recount isn't working with cross-realm PUGs but still, if you believed he was that awful, why stay in a group with him? Enact a kick-vote and get rid.

You're placing too much emphasis on ownership either way that bow didn't 'belong' to you, it wasn't stolen from you, and it dropping doesn't give you an automatic right to it. You may feel hard done by, but the that's the way the game goes. If something drops that a player will use for his main spec (main spec being the spec he's using in the raid) then he has every right to roll for it. Sure if I'm running with guildmates or friends I might pass stuff to help them, but I have no such reservations when running with PUGs and I'll roll need on a minor upgrade for me against a major upgrade for someone else. The bow was a stat upgrade for the guy that rolled for it and he has every right to do so - just like you did with the sword that, according to you, you 'ninjaed'.

facepalm.jpg

I suppose you approve of an enhance shammy needing on say a 1h tank weapon because its a slow weapon with decent damage output?? Or a shammy needing on cloth/leather item with spirit on it? And so on and so on?

You really need to cop on tbh, your way of thinking is just selfish and ignorant and you would get laughed out of any respectable guild with that frame of mind..

Look nix, you obviously can't have a rational debate without resorting to insults or snide little pictures, so do me a favour and don't reply to my posts. Cheers.

Debate? im sorry but you seem to be thinking your giving constructive responses, this is what your responses to the "debate" at hand really are: "me me me, gimme gimme gimme", there is no reson in your responses but blind ignorance.

And if you are in anyway "insulted" by my above post i think you should quit the internet tbh, wrap yourself in some cotton wool while your at it and hide under your bed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Right, your mods don't seem to be around and some of you don't want to play nice, so I'm locking this thread to give people a chance to cool their heads a little :)

I'll let the WoW mods know what I've done so that they can have a look at the thread and tidy it up a bit before reopening it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement