Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streaming - sticky?

• 09-12-2009 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

How about a streaming sticky... xbox360 is a powerful streaming device and more and more people are using to access myp2p streams and video content on their laptops..

I use Tversity now.. having used windows media centre when i had a desktop pc with that..

Tversity is great and easy to use - http://tversity.com/ and FREE
    Playon is similar but costs about 20euro http://www.playon.tv/playon/\\Tversity lets you add streams from youtube and myp2p with ease... iplayer and hulu are not available as per usual restrictions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I use to stream from my pc to my 360 on tversity last year and it was good if sometimes a bit fiddley. Then I discovered that it was easier just to hook my pc straight to my tv and bypass the middle man :D

maybe when I move I might have to resort to tversity again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Is it not just easier to have an external usb HDD to play the .avis from and leave the PC off (saving electricity) whilst doing so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Is it not just easier to have an external usb HDD to play the .avis from and leave the PC off (saving electricity) whilst doing so?

A streaming pc doesn't use up much electricity to be fair, not in the grand scheme of things. What if you make the switch to MKV from AVI's - now you've to buy a new media enclosure that supports the new codecs, eugh!

TVersity is awesome, incredibly easy to set up, uber at transcoding and can play anything you can play in Windows Media Player.

I don't use my console to stream because I bought a Philips TV with DNLA that supports MPG/AVI, so TVersity can stream directly to my TV instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I've been running an Ubuntu Server setu for a while now, works brilliantly with the 360, plus it streams much better than TVersity ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 the mighty elk

I use vuze which also transcodes any files for xbox playback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

Why use anything other than Windows media Player? I'm having alot of difficulty getting that to work anyway, although havent tried since getting Win 7 so must see if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I use a Mac and Connect 360 to stream to my Xbox. It generally works okay but the console's lack of direct support for MKVs, ISOs etc is disappointing.

What's the advantage of using a server instead of streaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

budhabob wrote: »
    Why use anything other than Windows media Player? I'm having alot of difficulty getting that to work anyway, although havent tried since getting Win 7 so must see if that makes a difference.

TVersity will transcode unsupported files on the fly, and has other features such as youtube videos etc.

Advertisement