Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spurs v wolves 12 dec

Options
  • 09-12-2009 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Must win and win well, Wolves will come and try and make it difficult for us. Be great to see Modric getting 20 mins at the end. Can only see a good spurs win 4-1(as we always seem to leak one), though in saying that its a potential banana skin and I f88kin hate games we are expected to win easy until they are over and its about 9-1 to the spurs:D

Heading over on sat morn, first game since Sep due to new baby at home. Really looking forward to getting back to the Lane.

Anyone else heading over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Must win and win well, Wolves will come and try and make it difficult for us. Be great to see Modric getting 20 mins at the end. Can only see a good spurs win 4-1(as we always seem to leak one), though in saying that its a potential banana skin and I f88kin hate games we are expected to win easy until they are over and its about 9-1 to the spurs:D

Heading over on sat morn, first game since Sep due to new baby at home. Really looking forward to getting back to the Lane.

Anyone else heading over?

Good stuff Mark, hope they put on a performance for you. Have a sneaky feeling robbie might start with JD this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I hope Robbie starts, he will be raring to go after warming the bench for a couple of games, not going to this one Mullo, Hull in jan is my next game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Must win alright. Or else we will lose all momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Had ticket and booked flights Mark.
    But I'm gonna have to give it a miss, skint
    Doing Fulham away on the 26th Dec anyway so I suppose it's not too bad.

Enjoy the game and congrats on the new arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Kold wrote: »
    Must win alright. Or else we will lose all momentum.

Absolutely. Whatever about not collecting the points against Everton when we should, there are no excuses for not winning this game. I don't care how we win (though naturally would prefer a bucket of goals) as long as we win as our rivals have very big matches this weekend and it would give us a chance to pull ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Had ticket and booked flights Mark.
    But I'm gonna have to give it a miss, skint
    Doing Fulham away on the 26th Dec anyway so I suppose it's not too bad.

Enjoy the game and congrats on the new arrival.

Thanks Shane, thats a pity. Sure if you have the flights and tickets, just go and buy a load of those bullseye baggies 2 for 1 you like on the plane and you'll be sorted for the day..:D

Hopefully see you in the new year at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i would say 4-1 to spurs also

modric to come on in 75th minute to huge applause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Yep looking at the fixture list we will actually be favourites to win in each of our last 5 games of 2009! We won't ofcourse but even if we won 3, drew 2 we would be clear in at least 4th going into 2010. And probably 3rd.

So all to play for, and no excuses that we are not good enough - all 5 games we are the favourites to win on paper!

Starting with Wolves - Yes I agree, we HAVE to win this one. To maintain the confidence after we performed well, but dropped points in the last 2 games.

Wolves are struggling and have a terrible away record. We have been superb at home, scoring goals for fun.

I take us to get back to winning ways - 3-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

a 3-0 win will suffice to mark my 30th birthday on saturday.

come on you spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Wolves will come to WHL with a 'park the bus' game plan.

I think we'll go all out for an early goal to open them up.

I just hope that, if we do knock in a couple of goals, the players keep going for more and not relax.

5-1 :rolleyes:

COYS

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I hope Robbie starts, he will be raring to go after warming the bench for a couple of games, not going to this one Mullo, Hull in jan is my next game :)
    Think he will KingdomYid.

Currently the case to maintain Crouch is some good knock-downs from long high crosses. In which case we would just as well playing Michael Dawson upfront.

He has 2 goals in 15 PL appearances. Whilst Defoe made all the headlines for his late penalty miss, if Crouch had put away 2 easy 1 on 1s the game would have been all over way before then.

But 'Crouchie' still seems to get away with it with the media and fans - really is beyond me!

I would go with Keane as you say for this one. But still think we need top quality alongside Defoe if we want to properly compete.

id go for

gomes

corluka daws bass ekotto

lennon pal hudd kranjcar

defoe keane

modric to come on after 65 mins . if palacious is not fit we should be able to get away with hudd and jenas. we are lucky we are at home to wolves cos we cant do without palacious for any other kind of game

mickman wrote: »
    id go for

gomes

corluka daws bass ekotto

lennon pal hudd kranjcar

defoe keane

modric to come on after 65 mins . if palacious is not fit we should be able to get away with hudd and jenas. we are lucky we are at home to wolves cos we cant do without palacious for any other kind of game
    Yep, that team basically picks itself - especially with no Ledley or Woodgate. Would be great to see Luca come on as sub.

There's talk of a swap with Liverpool between Pav and Babbel. Babbel's been getting dogs abuse, but when I see him he looks really fast and tricky and was obviously highly rated to go for £13m odd from Ajax. So i would go with that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm going to say 3-1 put should be 6 or 7.

JD will get one and robbie will get two to give us all a major debate for the next game.

harry has just said that modric will be involved tomorrow. too early to start him though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

r we on setanta today?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

14:30 - Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves
    Live Barclays Premier League coverage
    Unfortunatly, i'm in work :mad:

Bentley not on the bench after a midweek training ground disagreement with the manager... Intrigue.

keane n defoe up top!!!

last time we plyed wolves keane scored a hat trick!

never a free in the first place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Disastrous start and not sure how Doyle can claim that goal.

3-1 please... :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well, that's the goal that we were all predicting for Wolves out of the way. Now down to the serious business....... I hope :confused:

keane=cock wrote: »
    never a free in the first place
    True story. Was a case of the bigger, stronger player being penalised for being bigger and stronger.

Anyone watching Yesman sop? It's being a bit sh*t...

Linesman is a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Assou ekotto and Keane looking lively a few last ditch takles have stopped us scoring hopefully we'll be able to capitalise soon as they tire Lennon being double teamed again soft free kick and soft defending from the free kick Dawson didn't even jump:( Come On You Spurs

We nick one or two early and the floodgates will open. Really unlucky to concede the goal, was a load of sh*t really, never a free. Wolves are getting all the decisions so far.

I was delighted to see that guy get booked for diving :D

modric coming on crouch too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yay, time to hoof the ball up the pitch. If we lose this...

• Advertisement

keane off???

i think defoe has been th poorer of the 2

Advertisement