Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spurs v wolves 12 dec

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

modric in the middle:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

modric in the middle:D
    looks like it's going to be one of those days.:o We need to score NOW.

Lads, I think top 4 is out of the question for sure. What's the point of beating Wigan 9-1 and then losing (and failing to score against an even worse team-Wolves).

Embarrassed Spurs fan.....

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its typical spurs. With City dropping points, and Villa with a good chance of losing points tonight, we needed to come out and win. But no. We go out half assed, assuming we'll beat a clearly inferior team, and play ****.

I dont care if the ref was bad, i dont care if Wolves were good. We should win this match. No one to blame but ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

thats is one of the worst games i have seen spurs play in recent times.

poor passing,
    poor decision makig in the passing.
    no killer instinct
    lennon was poor, defoe was poor, gio got one touch when he came on, crouch got penalised every time he jumped!
    not fully sold on basong. corluka gave the ball away qute regular as did huddlestone.

really disappointed today.

only saving face was that city drew. i really hope this is our slump and its over now.
    wed? need to pick it up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

F*cking spoof goal negative football pricks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ha-ha! (Wolves fan here) don't moan cos you couldn't finish. Wolves were never going to be too expansive were they? Mick has leant that lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

we are offically in our mid season slump.why cant we beat the sides that have been promoted the previous season?hull,birmingham,sunderland....the list goes on and now these to$$ers.
    why play with 4 at the back when wolves have one up front and we are chasing the game?
    why play into their hands by bringing on crouch?keane was doing ok,well better than defoe anyway.the high ball into crouch was so predictable and the wolves defenders are used to that type of game.
    did gio get a touch when he came on?
    its all very well having most of the possesion and pressuring the opposition for 90 mins but if you cant score against the likes of stoke and wolves at home than we should forget about quailifing for the cl or maybe even the uefa cup.
    levy says that there will be no major signings in jan.i think this result shows that we are still short one or two quaility players.

mike65 wrote: »
    Ha-ha! (Wolves fan here) don't moan cos you couldn't finish. Wolves were never going to be too expansive were they? Mick has leant that lesson.
    ha-ha! (Spurs fan here) you'll be back in the Championship next season. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

disaster, here we go again, no doubt we'l finish seventh! Just goes to show how important closing out last week would have been. Disapointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

One of our worst games for sure!!!

Defoe was VERY poor! Typical Defoe perfomance in a game like this...not involved at all! Contributed nothgun!!!
    Defoe should have got Subbed, Not Keane!!
    Huddlestone very easy goin and got caught a few times!
    Crouch comes on...typical long ball crap!
    Typical Dawson defending from a cross for the goal!
    The team had no patience whatsoever to try break down wolves. No point in tryin to crosses into defoe and keane...just be patient! Spurs dont have any patience...its all a bit gung-ho
    Our counter attacking is brutal, gomes tries to push it out, but we just hang onto in our own half and wait for crouchy to get up the pitch by which time half of wolves is behind the ball!!
    Top 4??? No chance!
    Think harry needs to get his head out of his arse, stop bein so loyal to players and give our russian comrade striker a few games....think it would of suited him today

Very angry/upset/annoyed spurs fan :mad:

• Advertisement

i still think we will finish higher than 7th.

we dont become a bad team over the last couple of games wel second half of everton n today.

we just need to get our finger out. i just hope the players are nt believing they just have to show up to win games. big test of character against city now with them dropping points to beat th band.

come on you spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Disgusted.
    I said it before this season and no doubt this wont be the last time i will say it, Harry and his team of experts just dont have the clout or tactical knowledge to make a change in order to tactically change our approach to such games. Stoke was the other that comes to mind.

Not a hope of getting top 4 this season lads. I hope im wrong but its my opinion at this stage of the season. If City beat us on Wed, and we dont beat blackburn next week, we will be mid table.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Without knee-jerking, I agree with most of the comments here. Rubbish performance, and Wolves deserved their point. They played football that complimented their players, got the early goal, and then defended it. Stoke did the same thing. We don't seem to have it in us to break through stubborn, defence-driven teams, and until we do, we will not break into the top 4. We have now lost 6 points at home to teams that are inferior in terms of talent. Not acceptable.

The worst thing is that teams seem to know how to get us at home too. This result doesn't just bode badly for our push for 4th, but it means that loads of teams will play the exact same way in WHL.

I'm sickened by that result, absolutely sickened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

They have run out of excuses now, disgraceful stuff. What looked like a little blip has potentially turned into the end of our challenge. And a downward spiral to upper mid-table.

If they lose to Man City that'll basically be the end of what has been a really exciting season for me following Spurs challenge for 4th.

The Man City game now is make or break for me. Win it, and i'm willing to give them back my emotion and support again. Lose it, and we can forget about it for another season.

add to that villa winning at man u and going ahead of us. out of the top 4 now:mad::mad:

keane=cock wrote: »
    add to that villa winning at man u and going ahead of us. out of the top 4 now:mad::mad:

And not to mention city, 1 point behind, liverpool, 3 points behind, both have a game in hand! So realistically, we could be 7th now!!!:eek:
    Hows that for a smooth landing???:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

whitey21 wrote: »
    And not to mention city, 1 point behind, liverpool, 3 points behind, both have a game in hand! So realistically, we could be 7th now!!!:eek:
    Hows that for a smooth landing???:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    If we lose to Man City my thoughts will turn to the FA Cup.

If we lose to Man City my thoughts will turn to the FA Cup.
    We haven't done anything in the FA Cup in many years. As soon as we draw a big team (probably Man U again in the next round) we're gone.

Season over. another false dawn. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Oh FFS...

We lost a game, all you chicken little's need to stop thinking the sky is falling in.

Oh FFS...

We lost a game, all you chicken little's need to stop thinking the sky is falling in.
    To Wolves... at home. Where are the positives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

el diablo wrote: »
    To Wolves... at home. Where are the positives?

Why do you need positives from today's game?

We lost to a team we should have beat comfortably, it was a bad day at the office. Does that mean our season is over? Does it fúck as like!

How can one game be the end of our season...in December FFS...

We lost to a team we should have beat comfortably, it was a bad day at the office. Does that mean our season is over? Does it fúck as like!

Must say I admire your optimism.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

Agree with thereckleessone completely.

Losing at home to Wolves looks bad.
    But we're competing with three other teams for fourth spot and they've all had equally embarrassing results: Villa lost at home to WIGAN, City drew SIX games on the trot...and seen any happy Liverpool supporters knockin about the past while??

We'll be in the mix come April and i'dve taken that this time last year.
    Wouldn't we all?

Villa lost to wigan...But villa beat Man united and chelsea!!!
    Man draw 6...but have only lost ONCE, we've lost 5! They are also 1 point behind with a game in hand!

Just all this talk from the manager and team about 4th place!!! They're talkin the talk....but recently they're not exactly walkin the walk!

Ofcourse its not after 1 game - but its a culmination of the last few weeks results & form, ours & our competitors. We now face the prospect, if we lose to City, of being adrift in 7th, played a game more.

I personally wouldn't put money on us over-taking Villa, City and Liverpool from there. In particular, City will probably go out and spend big again in January and it seems they are starting to click as a team. And its just a matter of time til Liverpool get Torres & Gerrard fit and start winning games. We should have built up a big lead over them both by now. Not be behind them, played a game extra!

I hope Harry can turn it round against City this week. If we don't there are big warning signs to me that our Top 4 challenge is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Bottom line is none of the so called top 4 will lose at home to stoke and wolves. Was at the game yday and to see some of our fellas strollin around and not bustin a gut for the cause , its disgraceful..bet they were too tired after their CFJ outing in dublin during the week . F$$k all positives from yday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Oh FFS...

Bit Harsh. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Yesterday was rubbish. We could make up excuses all day, simple fact is we were not good enough to break down wolves.

Harry and his group of experts once again proved that they dont have it when it comes to the crunch. I no longer have faith in him and our management team. I firmly believe that they wont get us top 4 which is supposedly our target.

I will continue to care as much as ever about the club, because thats what I love, but thats about it. Too many crap players and a manager that in-stills no confidence in me whatsoever.

No Doubt, many of you will disagree and say it is far too early to say this, but again, its just my opinion.

He's not Martin Jol...thats fore sure:cool:

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Bit Harsh. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Yesterday was rubbish. We could make up excuses all day, simple fact is we were not good enough to break down wolves.

Harry and his group of experts once again proved that they dont have it when it comes to the crunch. I no longer have faith in him and our management team. I firmly believe that they wont get us top 4 which is supposedly our target.

I will continue to care as much as ever about the club, because thats what I love, but thats about it. Too many crap players and a manager that in-stills no confidence in me whatsoever.

No Doubt, many of you will disagree and say it is far too early to say this, but again, its just my opinion.
    You could be right. Harry afterall, has never had experience of team's coming to park the bus, he's never managed a top team before.
    Why not change the shape of the team? Go 3 at the back? Or leave all 3 strikers on and let Defoe AND Keane play off Crouch? Lennon was clearly being nullified - was his position changed (i.e to behind the front 2, or on to the left) or did we just accept him being marked out of the game? The full-backs could have been replaced for more attack-minded full-backs i.e Bale for BAE or Hutton for Corluka? You could go on and on, but doesn't look like we tried anything different at all!
    I wasn't at the game, but judging by the comments and reports i've read we lacked any creativity not just by the players, also by the manager.
    It seems the game plan de-generated into the long ball into Crouch, which Wolves were able to lap up all day.

And to find out the players were clubbing it in Dublin just a couple of days after the Everton debacle adds insult to injury. And to hear that their attitude wasn't even spot on yesterday!

Like I say, if they lose to Man City, there's no way back for me in the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Oh FFS...

Well said

Advertisement