Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spurs v wolves 12 dec

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

el diablo wrote: »
    Must say I admire your optimism.

I don't consider myself an optimist, I'm on the border of realism and pessimism. That's why I didn't join in the circle jerk after we started the season with four wins, or when we put nine past Wigan, but that insulates me from the mood swings that come with a defeat at home to Wolves.

I like to think I look for the bigger picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

I don't consider myself an optimist, I'm on the border of realism and pessimism. That's why I didn't join in the circle jerk after we started the season with four wins, or when we put nine past Wigan, but that insulates me from the mood swings that come with a defeat at home to Wolves.

To me, the whole enjoyment of supporting a club is the passion, emotion, the dream - all the stuff that you had as a kid, and still do, despite the fact we all have grown up and have mortgages, jobs, kids of our own etc. For me it still represents that small element of innocence & childhood in us all, that adults who haven't supported a team since they were little, just don't understand.

Ofcourse winning a few games at the start of the season didn't mean anything, nor did the Wigan match. But it was an opportunity to let yourself go, be a child again and dream the dream. Thats what people were doing.

If I didn't go through the 'good times' not enjoying the experience by getting emotional about it, or rationalising everything into its proper perspective, I wouldn't see the point in supporting Spurs at all.

I have learnt to enjoy the good times and get all passionate like i was a kid again. And then when things turn the other way, switch off completely. That way you get the best of both worlds.

If we beat Man City i'll probably be hopping about the place again. I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

To me, the whole enjoyment of supporting a club is the passion, emotion, the dream - all the stuff that you had as a kid, and still do, despite the fact we all have grown up and have mortgages, jobs, kids of our own etc. For me it still represents that small element of innocence & childhood in us all, that adults who haven't supported a team since they were little, just don't understand.

Ofcourse winning a few games at the start of the season didn't mean anything, nor did the Wigan match. But it was an opportunity to let yourself go, be a child again and dream the dream. Thats what people were doing.

If I didn't go through the 'good times' not enjoying the experience by getting emotional about it, or rationalising everything into its proper perspective, I wouldn't see the point in supporting Spurs at all.

I have learnt to enjoy the good times and get all passionate like i was a kid again. And then when things turn the other way, switch off completely. That way you get the best of both worlds.

If we beat Man City i'll probably be hopping about the place again. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Well said brother! I experience even this times so hard, the good times are the best! Like you, if...i mean when;) we beat city, i too will jumpin about the place again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

it was a terrible day at the office all round. absolutely nothing went right but everyone has those days. a little bit more worrying is that we have lost 3 times at home . modric was the only bright light in a terrible day.

i have no faith in hudd at all. bassing is just a bag of nerves, can hardly even win a header

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

agreed. we're better than we were. as the saying goes a lot done. a lot more to do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

You could be right. Harry afterall, has never had experience of team's coming to park the bus, he's never managed a top team before.
    Why not change the shape of the team? Go 3 at the back? Or leave all 3 strikers on and let Defoe AND Keane play off Crouch? Lennon was clearly being nullified - was his position changed (i.e to behind the front 2, or on to the left) or did we just accept him being marked out of the game? The full-backs could have been replaced for more attack-minded full-backs i.e Bale for BAE or Hutton for Corluka? You could go on and on, but doesn't look like we tried anything different at all!
    I wasn't at the game, but judging by the comments and reports i've read we lacked any creativity not just by the players, also by the manager.
    It seems the game plan de-generated into the long ball into Crouch, which Wolves were able to lap up all day.

And to find out the players were clubbing it in Dublin just a couple of days after the Everton debacle adds insult to injury. And to hear that their attitude wasn't even spot on yesterday!

Like I say, if they lose to Man City, there's no way back for me in the PL.

totally agree. no imagination. should/could have changed th options n put 3 up top or somethin. but then again i am only a fan.harry makes th decisions and gets the stick when they go wrng

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Why do you need positives from today's game?

We lost to a team we should have beat comfortably, it was a bad day at the office. Does that mean our season is over? Does it fúck as like!

How can one game be the end of our season...in December FFS...

one game cant be the end of our season but it shows a worrying trend, stoke, wolves, 2 goal lead against everton, failure to beat villa when on top, inept against chelsea, utd and arsenal. Same old tottenham im afraid. Wel beat city wednesday, be in pole position come the end of the season and lose to burnley, finish 5th!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It seems that we have lost the ability to play properly against teams that don't play football. I reckon we'll probably give City a very good game and at worst draw with them, but hopefully win because they'll come to play. The Stokes, Wolves, etc, come to WHL to get a draw, hopefully nick a goal, and keep things that way. They're happy with a point, and over the moon with 3. City will come looking for 3 and as a result we'll be able to go for it.

Yesterday was a shocking result and performance. The important thing is that the team learns from it and comes out fighting against City. It's still very early in the season and we're still definitely in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I like to look at the bigger picture too Ronan, and that doesn't make me feel any better. We had a very good start to the season, and now we appear to be fading. The managers biggest test for me is the next 6 months.

Does Harry and his team of coaches have the ability to turn this squad in to a genuine top 4 contender, or do we finish another season in mid-table, and make more excuses for our own in-abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I like to look at the bigger picture too Ronan, and that doesn't make me feel any better. We had a very good start to the season, and now we appear to be fading. The managers biggest test for me is the next 6 months.

Does Harry and his team of coaches have the ability to turn this squad in to a genuine top 4 contender, or do we finish another season in mid-table, and make more excuses for our own in-abilities.

....not to forget, to get rid of nearly everybody and sign a whole new team:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

teams coming to white hart lane now seem to think that unless they park everyone behind the ball then we will kill them so thats what they do. they have to have a game plan to get anything off us. its a bad and a good thing. its good cos teams are afraid of us but bad cos we need a new strategy to win these kind of games. at the moment we cant find a way through them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Oh FFS...

We lost a game, all you chicken little's need to stop thinking the sky is falling in.
    Lets see how you feel after City hammer us at home on Wednesday - we have been found out mate - we will not be in the top 4 again this season - get over it, and get on with worrying about making Europe........which looks well dodgy to me! 7th at most this year!

Why is everyone disillusional about this - we have been playing badly for a while now, we can't finish teams, we are not defending and our MF is falling apart - when we play any teams with any kind of threat up top we get hammered! remember ARSEnal, Chelsea and ManU - City will score 3 Wednesday! Birmingham are only 3 points behind us FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPeFUbEi358

just seen this video of BAE "attacking" the fan. nothing in it as far as im concerned.

chances are the fan was out of line anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

John W wrote: »
    Lets see how you feel after City hammer us at home on Wednesday

I feel fúcking fantastic, yourself?

Can yis all untwist your knickers now and settle down, there's a whole lot more football to be played this season and every team will have hiccups?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I feel fúcking fantastic, yourself?

Can yis all untwist your knickers now and settle down, there's a whole lot more football to be played this season and every team will have hiccups?

I'll certainly be untwisting my knickers tonight after that :D:D:D

Advertisement