Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Christmas ads within

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

How did I miss this thread.:pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Probably buried swiftly. I'd forgotten about those polar bear ads, they're brilliant, thanks sharpshooter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

I don't get the IKEA one..

Photi wrote: »
    I don't get the IKEA one..

He went to IKEA and got the wooden spoons.
    I use the word got because it looks like he stole them.:eek:

/well you don't exactly see him paying for them, just putting them in his bag as he walks out the door.:D

Anyway he brings them home and roughs them up with a hammer, writes the familys names on them and then gives them for presents on Christmas day so they look like he made them.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I posted this in another thread.

And in case you didn't know. The little blonde girl in the ad is Sarah Michelle Gellar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

That coke polar bear ad as first released in 1993?! :eek: Holy crap....time flies! Still a fantastic ad though :)

Bryn wrote: »
    That coke polar bear ad as first released in 1993?! :eek: Holy crap....time flies! Still a fantastic ad though :)

If I had to pick a favourite Christmas advert Category the polar bears would win hands down over the coke truck.:)

If I had to pick a favourite Christmas advert Category the polar bears would win hands down over the coke truck.:)

Yeah I agree. But you have to hand it to coke, they really do make the best Christmas ads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Yeah I agree. But you have to hand it to coke, they really do make the best Christmas ads!

They got to you didn't they?

I do agree though. Some of the best Christmas ads.

That_Guy wrote: »
    They got to you didn't they?

I do agree though. Some of the best Christmas ads.

Nope, they didn't get to me......

*Sips coke*

• Advertisement

They've been using them for ages though. I remember them well, but I was 3 in 1993!

Nope, they didn't get to me......

*Sips coke*

* Makes a toast to coke* with Bryn.

/Drinkable......:p

* Makes a toast to coke* with Bryn.

/Drinkable......:p

*tops up the coke with vodka*

Now it's drinkable :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭LickLickLick

That_Guy wrote: »
    I posted this in another thread.

And in case you didn't know. The little blonde girl in the ad is Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Sarah Michelle Gellar? You sure..? I dont think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

There's something so affecting about this one,don't know exactly why that is but I love it anyway :D

It's the music, it's so soothing. I love all black and white visuals in that ad, the snow on top of the fence is particularly clever.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

There's something so affecting about this one,don't know exactly why that is but I love it anyway :D

That ones my favourite!

But I also love the Coke ads with thetrucks and the budwiser ad with the big shire horses :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

The Guinness ad always reminds me of the final paragraph of The Dead by Joyce.

A few light taps upon the pane made him turn to the window. It had begun to snow again. He watched sleepily the flakes, silver and dark, falling obliquely against the lamplight. The time had come for him to set out on his journey westward. Yes, the newspapers were right: snow was general all over Ireland. It was falling on every part of the dark central plain, on the treeless hills, falling softly upon the Bog of Allen and, farther westward, softly falling into the dark mutinous Shannon waves. It was falling, too, upon every part of the lonely churchyard on the hill where Michael Furey lay buried. It lay thickly drifted on the crooked crosses and headstones, on the spears of the little gate, on the barren thorns. His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭weiland79

I am just sitting here watching the X factor final and the Xmas coca cola add came on (you know the one with the trucks). Anyway I noticed at the end the little boy just misses the truck but where did Santa go??? all previous years Santa pops out and hands the boy a bottle of coke. Is Coca Cola been hit that bad by the recession that they have to cut off the ending of one of the most anticipated Christmas Ad Most people say that has begun when they see this add and now all you see is a dissappointed little boy. Please Coca Cola bring back Santa....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

it's my favourite of the xmas bud ads...i just love the way they laugh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Was thinking that myself, its the best part of the add, The coca cola santa is the model santa. No sign of him though, very disappointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

whatever happened to the vodafone add with people skating on grafton street?? havent seen that ad yet!

I want to see the Penneys one again! :(
    whatever happened to the vodafone add with people skating on grafton street?? havent seen that ad yet!

They probably won't show it because of the "whaddaya want for chrimbo, babe?" one.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

I think the Meteor ad is savage but everyone seems to hate it.
    The M&S ad isnt bad either. If you got the one with the chocolate knickers under your tree you'd have a happy christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

Is she the one who used to be married to makelele?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Karsini wrote: »
    They probably won't show it because of the "whaddaya want for chrimbo, babe?" one.

what now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Barry's Tea "trainset" radio ad is outstanding, how they haven't created and advert for that on tv yet I don't know. If there's any Marketing heads around, wise up!

The Penny's Ad was fantastic day too, it will be ajoyous day when that is brought back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Land Of Idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The bloke @ 0:33 that says "don't forget to turn the lights off" was my boss in a bar I worked in some moons ago, what a W***ER :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Has anyone seen the Budweiser ad this Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

They're showing different ones now but I <3 this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

as a kid you knew xmas was around the corner when the ideal games commercials appeared on TV...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭knockane_ali09

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Aussie Sean

calex71 wrote: »
    The bloke @ 0:33 that says "don't forget to turn the lights off" was my boss in a bar I worked in some moons ago, what a W***ER :D

And the bird who plays his Missus is the wife of Dave Moore from Dublins 98 Morning Crew

Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Karsini wrote: »
    I want to see the Penneys one again! :(
    Me too!

Penney's, got a whole lot of things for Christmas, got a lot for the family.

I miss that jingle :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement