Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting to xbox Live

• 09-12-2009 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Got a new 360 today, Im on eircom broadband. Im trying to connect to xbox live but it will only allow me if I completely turn off my firewall :(, anyway to fix this??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The firewall on your computer or modem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

You need to go into the NAT settings on your router, it'll be listed under firewall, or in that general area.

In there it will allow you to add an exception, there will be a dropdown list full of games/programs.

Select Xbox Live and add it.

(If you can't sort it, or can't figure that out, google the make and model of your router and xbox live)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Got a new 360 today, Im on eircom broadband. Im trying to connect to xbox live but it will only allow me if I completely turn off my firewall :(, anyway to fix this??

You'll need to set the eircom router firewall to low. It wont be a problem if you have a firewall on your computer anyway.

More info: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055207579

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

You need to go into the NAT settings on your router, it'll be listed under firewall, or in that general area.

In there it will allow you to add an exception, there will be a dropdown list full of games/programs.

Select Xbox Live and add it.

(If you can't sort it, or can't figure that out, google the make and model of your router and xbox live)

+1 to this. You can have your firewall settings on high within the router setup page as long as you add xbox live to the exceptions list. I think the address is http://192.168.1.254

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

This is a common issue with xbox and eircom. Can we make it a sticky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    This is a common issue with xbox and eircom. Can we make it a sticky?

There already is one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I can only connect to xbox live by turning off the firewall, the nat xbox thing dont work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    I can only connect to xbox live by turning off the firewall, the nat xbox thing dont work

After you've added xbox to the list, restart the router.

I shall try that later thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

mgsrocks wrote: »
    There already is one...

Sorry, but where? :o

• Advertisement

In another thread below this I found something which works , I am now on xbox live with my firewall at medium like it has always been
    I got it sorted....In the XBox's Network Settings go to PPPoe Settings and switch Configuration to "On". Enter username as "eircom" and password as "broadband1". Ignore the Service Name part. Then just go back out to main menu and hit Xbox Live, it should come straight up....it maybe a common issue with the Eircom wireless router...

If your on a netopia router this should sort it :D

Advertisement