Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cs350 install questions

Options
  • 09-12-2009 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,
    Afew years ago I installed an Aritech CS350 in my home. Recently I've being looking at how I wired up the 6 zones and the various sensors. I have 10 seperate cables for the following going back to the panel.
    Front door
    Back door
    Garage door
    Patio door
    Downstairs front windows
    Kitchen and utilty windows
    W.C.
    Upstairs front windows
    Upstairs rear windows
    Panic switch

The windows and doors have inertia sensors and contacts. Correct me if I'm wrong when I say the following, there are 6 zones on the CS350. Zones 1 to 4 can be programmed for inertia shocks and conacts and zones 5 and 6 just for contacts. Alternatively all 6 zones can be programmed for contacts.

I have wired each zone so that inertia sensor, contacts and tamper switch are in series. I know each zone can be set for dual option and the sensors wired so that the zone can give alarm and trouble indications. Is this the standard way for wiring each zone or is the way I wired the zones okay ?

To get the best performance from the CS350 what is the best way for the 10 cables listed above be wired to the different zones ?
    Zone 1 - Front door
    Zone 2 -
    Zone 3 -
    Zone 4 -
    Zone 5 -
    Zone 6 - Panic switch

If I set the upstairs windows to part set will the inertia sensors still work or will the upstairs be disabled completely ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

doogb wrote: »
    Hi,
    Afew years ago I installed an Aritech CS350 in my home. Recently I've being looking at how I wired up the 6 zones and the various sensors. I have 10 seperate cables for the following going back to the panel.
    Front door
    Back door
    Garage door
    Patio door
    Downstairs front windows
    Kitchen and utilty windows
    W.C.
    Upstairs front windows
    Upstairs rear windows
    Panic switch

The windows and doors have inertia sensors and contacts. Correct me if I'm wrong when I say the following, there are 6 zones on the CS350. Zones 1 to 4 can be programmed for inertia shocks and conacts and zones 5 and 6 just for contacts. Alternatively all 6 zones can be programmed for contacts.

I have wired each zone so that inertia sensor, contacts and tamper switch are in series. I know each zone can be set for dual option and the sensors wired so that the zone can give alarm and trouble indications. Is this the standard way for wiring each zone or is the way I wired the zones okay ?

To get the best performance from the CS350 what is the best way for the 10 cables listed above be wired to the different zones ?
    Zone 1 - Front door
    Zone 2 -
    Zone 3 -
    Zone 4 -
    Zone 5 -
    Zone 6 - Panic switch

If I set the upstairs windows to part set will the inertia sensors still work or will the upstairs be disabled completely ?

Thanks in advance.

That is correct with regard the shock zones.
    From what you have left you can only put sensors on the 4 zones. Try break them down as maybe doors, front of house, back of house, upstairs..
    To wire the tamper in series with the alarm is not a great way of doing things but as it is a self install there are no rules or regulations. I would recommend you dual EOL the sensors.

If you set them up in part set the will be omitted from the alarm when it is set in part set.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

Thanks for the reply altor.

I'll probably go with the setup below so I can set up all windows and the patio door for inertia shocks i.e. Zones 1 to 4 setup for inertia shocks.

Zone 1 - Front door
    Zone 2 - Patio door & Kitchen / utilty windows
    Zone 3 - Downstairs front windows & W.C.
    Zone 4 - Upstairs front & rear windows
    Zone 5 - Back door, Garage door
    Zone 6 - Panic switch

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Generally a front door would be just a contact so that would go on 5 or 6 & free up an analysed zone.

Thanks for the reply altor.

I'll probably go with the setup below so I can set up all windows and the patio door for inertia shocks i.e. Zones 1 to 4 setup for inertia shocks.

Zone 1 - Front door
    Zone 2 - Patio door & Kitchen / utilty windows
    Zone 3 - Downstairs front windows & W.C.
    Zone 4 - Upstairs front & rear windows
    Zone 5 - Back door, Garage door
    Zone 6 - Panic switch

Your welcome, your set up is better that way. Just make sure you dont install a inertia/contact on the front door. This can be the cause of many a false alarm. Put a contact on your front door. Have you decided what to do about the tamper on your sensors ? I would dual EOL them to be on the safe side..

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭doogb

For some reason I thought Zone 1 could only be setup for entering / exiting. If I can put it on Zone 5 or 6 I'll do that and put the upstairs front and rear windows on seperate zones.

I plan to setup the zones for dual operation.

Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Good luck with it. If you need anything else you know where we are.;)

For some reason I thought Zone 1 could only be setup for entering / exiting. If I can put it on Zone 5 or 6 I'll do that and put the upstairs front and rear windows on seperate zones.

I plan to setup the zones for dual operation.

Thanks for the replies.

Zone 1 can be used as entry/exit and so can any other zone, once you set it up that way..

Advertisement