Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much are Shining Force 1&2 worth?

• 10-12-2009 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

I'm thinking about buying them and I don't want to pay over the odds.
    What's a good price for them now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

10 to 15 euro? They're dirt common despite all the RARE and CULT RPG labels on the ebay sales. There's one selling on there every hour or so from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You won't get Shining Force 2 for that cheap. It suffers from Streets of Rage 3 itis. Not rare, but everyone on ebay thinks they can ream you for a copy.

28 sterling seems to be the cheapest price for it on ebay at the moment. I'd wait around for auctions if I were you though.

If you want to go the other route and check out other European ebays, it might be a good idea. Just make sure the game text is in English!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

Why don't you just get the Ultimate Mega Drive/Genesis Collection?

Master of the Universe

Ridley wrote: »

Because we don't do emulators/roms/reissues here. It's the real deal or nothing :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Why, does Shining Force 2 suck like Streets Of Rage 3 did? (sound of man putting cat amongst the pigeons, prepare for overreaction!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's not that it's crap, it's byfar the best in the series. I'd be more inclined to say it's radiant silvergun syndrome. There's **** loads of copies and there's always a good few on sale but it's in quite high demand and the fact it's a JRPG before FFVII mean people think it's rare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

Ridley wrote: »

I have it, it's just not the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Those collections are never the same, but I am compelled to buy them!
    I see the PS3/360 version everytime I'm in a game shop, and I can sense them, at the edge of my hearing, calling me..... buy me, buy me....

So far I have resisted because, of the games on the disk I am interested in, I already own!

And I have several other Sega collections too, including the PSP edition, the various Sonic themed collections, starting with the legendary, and possibly best one of them all, Sonic Jam on the Saturn.

But there is nothing like blowing on dirty contacts and wrestling Sonic into Knuckles tight slot (Wahey!) for some retro fun...

Haven't had any luck getting the European pal versions of either game. The prices on ebay are all ridiculous.

Interestingly though, I could get the two Japanese versions for around 10 delivered.

I think that's what I'll do instead.

Master of the Universe

Haven't had any luck getting the European pal versions of either game. The prices on ebay are all ridiculous.

Interestingly though, I could get the two Japanese versions for around 10 delivered.

I think that's what I'll do instead.

If you speak Japanese, perfect.

If not, you might want to reconsider :p

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    If you speak Japanese, perfect.

If not, you might want to reconsider :p

:o

My Japanese isn't too great.

Would the language switches installed enable you to play it in English?

Master of the Universe

Unfortunately not. :(

Several megadrive games have both languages on the cart. The switch flicks between each language. But this is for things like Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle. Games that don't really have that much text.

Text heavy games like RPGs are a totally different matter. There just wouldn't be the space to fix all that text on a cart in both languages.

Shining Force 1

Shining Force 2

They give the valuations of the Shining Force games on that site. Seems to be fairly accurate having been looking around for a bit.

£40 for Shining Force 1, Zombies ate my neighbours, Aladdin and the Lion King posted. Think its worth it? I would have thought not but considering how much Shining Force goes for on its own then it might just be.

Master of the Universe

Is that £40 lot an ebay auction or what?

Seems like a decent enough price for Shining Force and Zombies ate my Neighbours.

Aladdin and The Lion King wouldn't go for nearly as much as those two.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Is that £40 lot an ebay auction or what?

Seems like a decent enough price for Shining Force and Zombies ate my Neighbours.

Aladdin and The Lion King wouldn't go for nearly as much as those two.

I've been doing some searching for alternatives to ebay and I came across a couple of forums where people sell and trade stuff. So, that is where. Managed to pick up a few things so far and got them for a bit less than I would have on ebay.

Breakdown of the prices

Lion King - £4
    Aladdin - £4
    Zombies - £5
    Shining Force £25

and then 2 more for postage. Zombies usually goes for like 3 times as much on ebay. Shining Force is quite expensive at £25 but you kind of make up for it a bit with Zombies being so cheap. I don't think I'd pick up a copy of Shining Force in good condition for much less than £25 anyway.

Advertisement