Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Storage Heating Control Issues

• 10-12-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have recently moved into a new apartment and am having some problems working out how to control my storage heating.

The heater is a Creda Superslim Combi storage heater and has manual controls for input and output under a panel on the top. I could figure out out how to use it if these were the only controls.

However there are two thermostat looking devices in the apartment one marked "master control for all storage heating" and another marked "room temperature boost control"

I don't know which controls to use either the thermostats or the heater controls and what positions to place them in.

I'm attaching photos as i'm not too sure how good my descriptions are.

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

the thermostats usually break the supply to the heater while its operating. eg. if u have the boost turned on and the relevant stat set low once the temperature reaches this the boost will turn off. same goes to the storage side of the heater. this works at night and if the stat is again set and the room is warm enough the stat will operate cutting supply to the heater and it wont be charging up for the morning. hope that all makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shaunevans

Thanks very much I hope it works like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

easy way to test turn on your boost and turn the boost stat way down (until u hear a click usually) and could also try with the storage one but be careful u will have on heat then the following day only boost

Advertisement