Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser

Options
  • 10-12-2009 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Last Saturday night I was out for drinks in a well known hotel and paid the bill by Laser card. After that we stayed on had 1 further drink and left payment for that and a cash tip before we headed off. Today I see that the deduction was taken from my account for the original Laser transaction - that's ok obviously! But a 2nd deduction was taken for the original amount + the additional drink.

Now, I spoke to the bank and the hotel today about this. Apparently, the 1st transaction was authorised but not fully processed. The 2nd transaction had the same authorisation number but was for a different amount. I only signed for the original amount and that is the only receipt I received. So my question is - can the amount of a Laser transaction be changed after the fact without my knowledge or consent? Is that not fraud of some sort?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Did the hotel not say they would refund you? Do you still have the receipt fro the drink you paid using cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

I have the receipt. I will get a refund. My problem really is that they could submit a charge to my account and have it paid even though I didn't authorise that amount and the same authorisation code was used on the 2 transactions.

Advertisement