Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit Pothole - Can i claim???

Options
  • 10-12-2009 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Yesterday hit a crater sized pothole on main road to midleton (co cork) cominig from the Cork city direction just after Carrigtwohill.

Anyway damaged not only tyre but cracked alloy aswell. Reckon its gonna cost me 300+ euro.

Happened to me at quarter to one in the day. I passed the same site 3 hours later and sadly saw another car stuck at the side of the road changing there having hit the same hole.

Seemingly more cars have also done damage there as it was on radio after warning people about it.

This is no regional road, this the the N25 national primary between Cork and Rosslare. The pothole has since been filled.

Have i any chance of claiming succesfully?

dsc01374za.jpg

dsc01378r.jpg

dsc01380d.jpg

dsc01386o.jpg

dsc01383zy.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

I saw a post some time ago with similar question and the answer was yes, you can. I'm at a loss where I saw the reply, try posting in the Legal Discussion Forum, please also be aware of the Charter within said Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

from your photos that the road has been repaired or reworked recently, this may give you room to claim on the basis of mal fesance or misfesance, not sure which exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

that whole stretch of road is being resurfaced at the moment, with the speed limit is reduced to 60km/h.
    it looks like the crater is in the 'ramp' they laid down between the old section and the bit being resurfaced. I'd say you have a good case there. good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I've often wondered this as well since I've narrowly escaped from destroying Alloys on the road from Macroom to Millstreet. Good luck with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement