Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice on bike

• 10-12-2009 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

hey just wondering what everyone thinks of a nsr 80 i 20 and getting rid of my car due to financial restraints. Not sure what to get anyone any advice have about 1k to spend or swap for my saxo vt

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I'd get something a bit bigger TBH, you'll get bored of an 80cc bike very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

It depends on what you plan to use it for. Farting around town is fine on an NSR, they are little more than a moped but they would have a bit more power and better brakes than a 'ped.

Something like a TDR125 or Varadero125 might be better - both are a bit taller and would keep pace with normal traffic. The Varadero is four-stroke so would be a little more reliable but they can be a bit pricey (though hold their value better if looked after).

Get an insurance quote, do a couple of lessons with a bike instructor and try to sit on as many bikes as possible to get a feel for them. Your budget will allow you to get lots of second hand stuff - avoid anything Chinese (Keeway, Lifan etc).

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

hey just wondering what everyone thinks of a nsr 80 i 20 and getting rid of my car due to financial restraints. Not sure what to get anyone any advice have about 1k to spend or swap for my saxo vt

Start up costs are going to be expensive, in getting gear helmets, insurance etc.

There have been a few threads already that you could go through to get an idea of costs.

I'd hate to see your insurance quote on your car seeing as you're 20 and the car is a Saxo :eek: Would you consider getting a different car, one not seen as little boy racer by insurance companines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Go for an nsr 125 instead. You will get bored of the 80 fairly quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Johnaldinioh

thanks for advice. i thaught i couldnt get insured in a nsr125 as it racing spec . I only want the bike to save money got quote of 690 insurance which i think is fairly good. My dad had bike and has some kit already. As for varadero i prefer sportier bike tzr aprilia nsr etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement