Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LowPricedHardware

Options
  • 10-12-2009 2:04am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭

http://lowpricedhardware.ie/

Anyone have any experience of using these guys? They have a lot of stuff, and they seem to be based in Limerick so shipping is cheap as chips.

Anyone wanna wade through their catalog and find some deals??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

http://lowpricedhardware.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6263_6274_6285&products_id=132636

how is that cheap? everything there is overpriced. and from limerick of all places :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Ick! Horrid site and horrid prices!

Seriously, the guy who decided to put in seperate product entries for every combination of *PRODUCT*, wet wipes and random PSUs (no, really! :p) needs bodily violence done unto him :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭dwayman

I'd make sure they have it in stock/ they are a real business not just a bedroom. They just seem to have listed everything from their suppliers' catalogues.
    . They have 71 different types of dictaphone.

Also the website seems to be an out of the box job.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Solitaire wrote: »
    Ick! Horrid site and horrid prices!

Seriously, the guy who decided to put in seperate product entries for every combination of *PRODUCT*, wet wipes and random PSUs (no, really! :p) needs bodily violence done unto him :mad:

How about this a 2GB HD4890 VaporX packaged with a 300W 'SLI-ready'(lol) PSU for only 278 quid.

http://lowpricedhardware.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6263_6274_6275&products_id=130836

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Linking products with other unneeded bull**** items like screwdrivers sets and cable ties is just retarded, not to mention the prices of the items alone are just insane for online shopping :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

http://lowpricedhardware.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6263_6274_6285&products_id=132636

how is that cheap? everything there is overpriced. and from limerick of all places :rolleyes:

20 quid cheaper than here

http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=191580

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

nd wrote: »

Which is still 65 euro dearer than here:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/172755 - 158 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Maybe this is out of date but appaently they are UK only?

http://forums.ebuyer.com/showthread.php?p=125667

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Pi^2 wrote: »
    http://overpricedhardware.ie/

Anyone have any experience of using these guys? They have a lot of stuff, and they seem to be based in Limerick so shipping is cheap as chips.

Anyone wanna wade through their catalog and find some deals??
    fixed, that link doesnt work though :)

hahahahaha, 200euro for a 5770 hahahahaha
    * Manufactured by: PIXMANIA
    hahahaha

that site seriously cracks me up, its 7euro cheaper to get a 9500gt with foam cleaner than it is without lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

nd wrote: »
    Maybe this is out of date but appaently they are UK only?

http://forums.ebuyer.com/showthread.php?p=125667

It is very out of date.

I've bought Hundreds of Euro of bits from them with no problem at all, and have never paid more than £15 in shipping (and that's only for larger orders like a case. 2 Cases set you back £20 in shipping iirc) with shipping normally at £10 for up to 5KG of stuff iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Expansys
    marco_polo wrote: »
    is still 65 euro dearer than

Everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Leman_Russ wrote: »
    It is very out of date.

I've bought Hundreds of Euro of bits from them with no problem at all, and have never paid more than £15 in shipping (and that's only for larger orders like a case. 2 Cases set you back £20 in shipping iirc) with shipping normally at £10 for up to 5KG of stuff iirc.

+1 I ordered lots from them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jpboy

Venom wrote: »
    Linking products with other unneeded bull**** items like screwdrivers sets and cable ties is just retarded, not to mention the prices of the items alone are just insane for online shopping :rolleyes:
    seriously man,i bought a tv from this site and found what i was looking for in a few seconds. i found the telly to be pretty cheap in comparison to other sites with a similar brand.big thumbs up from me! Most sites link products by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

jpboy wrote: »
    seriously man,i bought a tv from this site and found what i was looking for in a few seconds. i found the telly to be pretty cheap in comparison to other sites with a similar brand.big thumbs up from me! Most sites link products by the way.
    Seriously man, it's so not obvious that you're not just promoting your website. :rolleyes:

In any case, I wouldn't buy a single thing off that site. It's either a scam or some kind of really poor attempt at making a dropshipping site from one of the millions of chinese suppliers.
    Either way it's going to fail.

What a chancer! "seriously man"...bwahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jpboy

Actually ,i dont have any link to this site except for the items i bought on it. My experience with the site has been very positive.I just wonder why you seem to have such a vendetta for it even though you dont seem to have any experience dealing with them. Remember the original tag asked if the site was genuine in so many words...my experience is good so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Actually ,i dont have any link to this site except for the items i bought on it. My experience with the site has been very positive.I just wonder why you seem to have such a vendetta for it even though you dont seem to have any experience dealing with them. Remember the original tag asked if the site was genuine in so many words...my experience is good so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

jpboy: One more username I'll be adding to the 'paid per post' list of posters. It's so damn easy to recognize these guys.

(For other examples of the above stereotype, look for posts on Torrentfreak by 'Reasoned Mind' and 'Neostyles'. So damn blatant lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Seriously man get a grip and peddle you're overpriced crap in places where you wont get caught out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Anyone try using/ got any opionions on the site since?
    It's still around anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

babo9 wrote: »
    Anyone try using/ got any opionions on the site since?
    It's still around anyway!

its damn expensive! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 cool_jerk

Thought this site looked dodgy as fook but it's the only place I've found a Sansa Clip available in Ireland and for a decent price... Hmm gonna take a bitta pondering...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭AirsoftAndy

overclockers.co.uk is the cheapest with like 15 pound shipping for a whole build

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

overclockers.co.uk is the cheapest with like 15 pound shipping for a whole build

Overclockers.co.uk are not cheap compared to the likes of dabs or hardwareversande.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

cool_jerk wrote: »
    Thought this site looked dodgy as fook but it's the only place I've found a Sansa Clip available in Ireland and for a decent price... Hmm gonna take a bitta pondering...

Email they guy first to see if it's in stock. The instock icons aren't live and I don't even know if there is an "out of stock" icon!
    The thing I wanted to buy was out of stock even though the site said in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

Nikon D700 (Body Only) - £1759.95 - Jessops (€2061.50)
    Nikon D700 (Body Only) - €2622.00 - lowpricedhardware.ie

Difference in price... a Whopping €600!!!

Low cost... my Hoop!

If you drove from Limerick to Newry and back you'd still be quids in! Won't be shopping on this site... ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭celebroom

Sorry for reigniting the thread, but I thought I'd just add my two cents. Ive bought from lowpricedhardware.ie twice and both times my kit was delivered on time. The price I paid was similar to other online retailers, and quite honestly considering the amount of crap you have to go through to buy from Komplett and now Dabs (we've had problems these last few weeks), these guys arent doing a bad job.

For the jury, I bought a Corsair PSU and a Sapphire active mini-dvi to DVI-D converter.

Cheers,
    Celery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

celebroom wrote: »
    Sorry for reigniting the thread, but I thought I'd just add my two cents. Ive bought from these lowpricedhardware.ie twice and both times my kit was delivered on time. The price I paid was similar to other online retailers, and quite honestly considering the amount of crap you have to go through to buy from Komplett and now Dabs (we've had problems these last few weeks), these guys arent doing a bad job.

Cheers,
    Celery

I read this, then went straight to their webpage.. and on their frontpage.. this was advertised

http://www.lowpricedhardware.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17563_17564_17584&products_id=340737&zenid=e9da942054424d76fc6757407b96a5fd

ouch, thats nearly TWICE the price that card should be

What if you were in the market for a car and you went to two Renault garages and one had a particular model for twice the price as the other - what would you think? "they aren't doing a bad job"?

jaysus

Jonny7 wrote: »
    I read this, then went straight to their webpage.. and on their frontpage.. this was advertised

http://www.lowpricedhardware.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17563_17564_17584&products_id=340737&zenid=e9da942054424d76fc6757407b96a5fd

ouch, thats nearly TWICE the price that card should be

What if you were in the market for a car and you went to two Renault garages and one had a particular model for twice the price as the other - what would you think? "they aren't doing a bad job"?

jaysus

Aah, but as you can see on pixmania it was just discounted from a similar price. Im not saying they're the best, and its very likely you can find something cheaper if you shop around - I ended up buying my 5970 from Elara after the muppets at pixmania carried on changing the delivery date - my point is that ripping them without giving them a bit of kudos is unfair.

a) at the time nobody had my sapphire converter in stock
    b) at the time of buying my corsair PSU, nobody else carried it in .ie - without ordering from the UK.

Dabs on the best of days are usually more expensive than most suppliers. Actually, if Komplett could just get their act together they would probably pwn the market again.

Celery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I've just spent 10 mins looking at all the PC parts prices - holy..

This site just seems to tack on at least 20% to everything, really - check the graphics card prices, check the processor prices

heres something for google - lowpricedhardware.ie is a total rip off, end of story.

• Advertisement

Jonny7 wrote: »
    I've just spent 10 mins looking at all the PC parts prices - holy..

This site just seems to tack on at least 20% to everything, really - check the graphics card prices, check the processor prices

heres something for google - lowpricedhardware.ie is a total rip off, end of story.

Heh, their name does lend itself to a bit of ripping. It doesnt quite align itself with their prices, Ill give you that much ;-)

Advertisement