Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL Any Similar Experiences?

Options
  • 10-12-2009 2:16am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

for some reason they supposedly delivered my package to a neighbour, i only new about this because the online tracking reported that it was signed for by a person i am not familiar with, they did not drop any notification in my letter box to notify me of this.

I noticed early this morning, online that the package was out for delivery so i was expecting it. once i got home i was quite surprised to not have received the package, i then called to my neighbours, no one knew anything, i then called DHL directly and quoted my item code

they admit that the driver inputed the wrong name in error as the signatore (somehow) but stated that he did in fact deliver the package to my next door neighbour (as quoted "the one on the left") so they asked me to double check, so i call again "embarrassingly" to my neighbours to confirm.

Suffice to say my neighbour knows nothing about this package and claims to never have received it, i have had numerous packages in the past delivered to this neighbour when no one was at my house to receive them and not once have i had trouble with them, on occasion they have even called to my house to give me my missed packages. normally i have a note in my letter box informing me that a neighbour has my package though.

At the delivery time stated on the website i knew there was someone here to receive it, so i have no idea why they would claim to have given it to a neighbour.

If you havent guessed it the package contains numerous items intended as christmas gifts and are considerably expensive, one or two of which were the last in stock and if i do say so myself were the perfect gifts for the occasion, of which were for my girlfriend.

After the second call i was informed the driver would attempt to reclaim the package tomorrow morning from who they claimed it was delivered to.

Does anyone have any similar experiences to share regarding how it got resolved and how long it took.

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,273 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Receive the odd package in the mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They did this to me before. I was complaining it was never received and they were arguing they didn't know where it was. My neighbour came down 3 days later saying it was dropped in.

It's a retarded thing to do, not everyone gets on with (or even knows!) their neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

It's still in the back of the drivers van, he put down as delivered and went to the pub. He'll deliver it tomorrow with some cock and bull story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Senna wrote: »
    It's still in the back of the drivers van, he put down as delivered and went to the pub. He'll deliver it tomorrow with some cock and bull story.

The excuse we get is that they can't find the house, so will we come five miles to pick it up.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

robbie_998 wrote: »
    When DHL say they did it, they did it

when they say they'll do it, they will do it !

More or less why most computer companies will use them e.g Dell, HP deliveries.

It shall all resolve itself sooner or later

good luck :)

at work we rely on DPD a lot especially with c.o.d's. have never had a problem yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It get's better though, if they can't find your stuff the most you'll get out of them is €100. That cost will probably fall on the supplier (if their any good) but you won't get **** for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

slade_x wrote: »
    at work we rely on DPD a lot especially with c.o.d's. have never had a problem yet.

yes they are much better :D

i think it was nicer when they were called interlink though, such a nicer name :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Buceph wrote: »
    The excuse we get is that they can't find the house, so will we come five miles to pick it up.

:rolleyes:

Tell me about it, the joys of living in the sticks. The sooner postcodes come in the better, gps is boll0x if the town land you live in is about 2 miles square.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭TCP/IP_King

More than likely the neighbour has it. I had similar delivery notices that turned up weeks later mysteriously through the letterbox.

However - I was enquiring of a courier company recently about sending a valuable something outside Europe -

Them "What is the value of the contents"
    Me "X"
    Them "Oh I would be a bit wary of that, any of our staff could take it - just write "documents" on the contents"

That was by phone - doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

Senna wrote: »
    haha so true i worked as a delivery driver and we used to jus leave stuff in the back of the van, park up for the day and feck off to a pub. the base would always cover you if customer called up to enquire!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

haha so true i worked as a delivery driver and we used to jus leave stuff in the back of the van, park up for the day and feck off to a pub. the base would always cover you if customer called up to enquire!

probably not the safest thing to do with a marked van around christmas time.

I'd doubt that is the case though

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

well i didnt work for dhl now jus as a white van man for a courier company.
    but im sure its the same attitude everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

slade_x wrote: »
    probably not the safest thing to do with a marked van around christmas time.

I'd doubt that is the case though

This may be a silly question but did you try the neighbour on the right? You know his left your right your right his left thing going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Moved to Consumer Issues

Theta wrote: »
    This may be a silly question but did you try the neighbour on the right? You know his left your right your right his left thing going on?

its been located apparently, i just got a call from the driver saying he was outside my house with my neighbour and put me on the phone to my supposed neighbour,i was then told by this neighbour i wasnt who i was saying i was, so they agreed to wait there while i rush from work to get to home, only to get home and find no one there.

Basically it was delivered to an address similar to mine in dublin. im in tipperary here, how this got mixed up, i have no idea. Apparently my address also exists in dublin.

Those damn postcodes cant come any faster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

So it was in the neighbours on your right!!! The county to the right of yours that is.....

Finally Arrived this morning but with one item missing. Which was the item i made the order for in the first place and it cant be replaced since they dont have anymore stock. Brilliant :mad:

I dont know if anyone remembers but just before christmas i had an issue where i thought dhl had lost my parcel only to eventually find out that they delivered it to the wrong address over a 100 miles away. it didnt make any sense how the mistake was made as the invoice from the retailer i bought from had the correct address on it and dhls was somehow mislabelled

I now have another parcel inbound by dhl and in their online status my parcel is apparently out for delivery in dublin AGAIN. so i rang them to get it straightened out before i go through the same nonsense i went through before christmas

wtf is this company at, at all :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Tipp or Dublin yeah I can see how they'd mix up the two places...fools.
    Perhaps time to stop using them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Cabaal wrote: »

You often (mostly?) don't get to choose your courier when ordering from a business.

• Advertisement

Zab wrote: »
    You often (mostly?) don't get to choose your courier when ordering from a business.

exactly, i havent used them for years. the delivery however is suprisingly cheap, i have ordered a load of stuff on both occasions and delivery is only £7.50

i remember overclockers used to charge £25 with dhl just to deliver a couple of hdds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Cabaal wrote: »

Perhaps its time Ireland brought in Postcodes to stop that exact problem.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

craichoe wrote: »
    Perhaps its time Ireland brought in Postcodes to stop that exact problem.

They are supposed to at some point, think I heard 2012 as the year for it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged so as to keep it all in one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

I realise this is not much help but I have found DHL to be atrocious. Most of the time your only hope if you are not in a city or major conurbation is if they throw your package into a local taxi and the taxi driver is of the conscientious persuasion.

It never ceases to amaze me how UPS / FEDEX / GLS can find my place yet DHL never can!!! (even though in my case it's a bloke with an unmarked van)

Advertisement