Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First G2 championship win!

Options
  • 10-12-2009 2:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I stopped playing SF shortly after making it into G2 because I was ritually getting my arse handed to me by almost everyone. My opponent in the final had his mic on and I could hear him swearing during the fight(which made it all the sweeter :) )

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Em, congratulations I guess. :) Only 13,878 more points to go til you can get your first G1 win!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

pointless thread I know, but I couldnt care less I'm as happy as a sandboy(hatever thats supposed to mean! :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

lazlo wrote: »
    I stopped playing SF shortly after making it into G2 because I was ritually getting my arse handed to me by almost everyone. My opponent in the final had his mic on and I could hear him swearing during the fight(which made it all the sweeter :) )

Did it record it for you?

I really hate how SFIV records Championship wins. It goes by your accumulated GP, it should be a matter of choice.... or, how about record all the Championship finals.

I managed to fluke a win against some guy with a huge GP, then have a horrible championship win which got recorded. Haven't been able to top my highest championship GP since, even though I've won a few finals in G2. Ended up giving up on it altogether and I stick to player matches now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

no it didnt sadly, I only have one replay back from when I was playing as Ryu. I dont know if I had enough CP to warrant a replay, I beat two Es, an A, and then a C in the final. There doesnt seem to be great traffic in the championships I was waiting a little while for an opponent once I'd reached the final. People seem to prefer ranked matches and player matches overall

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Congratulations lazlo! I've still got all my first replays. It's amusing enough to rewatch matches from a time when I played as a scrubby Sagat. Tiger shots and heavy kick were my best friends :pac:

I never liked the replay system in SFIV. The point requirements and the inability to choose which of your replays should be the one that is viewable by others online. In Super, I'm pretty sure you get to upload a replay after winning a certain number of consecutive matches in the Ranked mode. I believe it's three. You've also got that whole Replay Channel thing but I don't know much about it. I think you should just be able to save any replay locally to your harddrive and then choose whatever one to be uploaded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I've never been offered a replay, this sucks! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

congrats laz

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Got my first g2 win with akuma on friday too - was well happy considering he's so ****e with health but also slightly let down at the pathetic amount of points I got for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I love getting replays.....and hate being the unwitting co-star in other people's!!! I've currently got around 25 saved replays about 10 from G3 and G2 and the rest from G1. I also wish that you could record your choice of game, but it's still a brilliant feeling when you see the words 'upload replay'!:D

Advertisement