Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fight

• 10-12-2009 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

anyone hear or see the man been attacked by men with with an axe in brennans chip shop by paddy browns pub at 5pm or so yesterday evening

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

thats just pure thuggish behaviour! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

anyone hear or see the man been attacked by men with with an axe in brennans chip shop by paddy browns pub at 5pm or so yesterday evening
    Ye, it definately happened. I think it's feud related, so don't be surprised if it kicks off again over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Wonder will it generate as much interest as the Christmas Day?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Jaysus. Was yer man ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

heard about it alright. 4 chaps in balaclavas hopped out of a car and bet the crap out of him. Dunno how true it is though. They where talking bout it in the pub last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

I have an aunt working out that way and she was saying that 4 fellas in balaclavas came in hit him with an iron bar of some sorts and when he was on the ground hit him with a hatchet in the head then fled the scene. She rang the guards when she seen the balaclavas because she thought the chipper was being robbed. Took in the region of 30 minutes for the ambulance to get there. It was feud related from what I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

best not to speculate on feud related or uncle sully will be angry :pac::pac::pac:

On a serious note very scary to think this happen when easily a child could have been in there after school or something. Worrying very worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Jaysus. Was yer man ok?

ah yeah...

i heard they buried the hatchet afterwards

ah yeah...

i heard they buried the hatchet afterwards

oooooh, too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

an axe :eek:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

dazftw wrote: »
    an axe :eek:

Yes, an axe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Where do these guys get the balaclavas?
    You'd think that the cops should just tag anyone that buys one and keep an eye on them, as you don't come across too many people that aren't up to much good actually buying one. Feck DNA and retinal scan cards, tag the bloody balaclavas.

I own one,

I use it for airsofting cause I thik it looks badass and keeps my head warm. and of course for when I rob little old ladies it helps if they can't ID me :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Meatwad wrote: »
    You'd think that the cops should just tag anyone that buys one and keep an eye on them, as you don't come across too many people that aren't up to much good actually buying one. Feck DNA and retinal scan cards, tag the bloody balaclavas.

The army shop always sold them - I assume they remain freely available. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

True,

I would support an initive that provides weapons to willing to track down and remove those members of society who are known to pocess or are affiliated with any balaclava fabrication or ownership activities.

We need education systems in place to make avalible information regarding the dangers of balaclava ownership and encourage others to take a stand against these socially undesirable head pieces.

True,

I would support an initive that provides weapons to willing to track down and remove those members of society who are known to pocess or are affiliated with any balaclava fabrication or ownership activities.

We need education systems in place to make avalible information regarding the dangers of balaclava ownership and encourage others to take a stand against these socially undesirable head pieces.

here here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

u can get them in a few places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

nice idea, bit impractical though because those extra long wooly hats that some students wear now could just be pulled over a persons head completely after you cut a hole in it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

stick-dan wrote: »
    nice idea, bit impractical though because those extra long wooly hats that some students wear now could just be pulled over a persons head completely after you cut a hole in it.

That and you can buy them on the net....how do you trace that now?
    Big crackdown by customs? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

If you really needed,you could put anything over your head if you didnt want to be seen, so that would be a total waste of time tagging balaclavas, because you simply just use something else!!

• Advertisement

michellie wrote: »
    If you really needed,you could put anything over your head if you didnt want to be seen, so that would be a total waste of time tagging balaclavas, because you simply just use something else!!

Waste of time???? Are you serious??

Tagging of balaclavas should be at the top of the Governments to-do list.
    I know that my decision in the next general election will be heavily based on the different partys balaclava policies.

This is a very serious issue and the Irish people have to face up to it and take action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Waste of time???? Are you serious??

Tagging of balaclavas should be at the top of the Governments to-do list.
    I know that my decision in the next general election will be heavily based on the different partys balaclava policies.

This is a very serious issue and the Irish people have to face up to it and take action.

Here here. At last some positive thinking on this important headgear issue.
    I think someone should run a course on the potential horrors of balaclava ownership.
    Some innocent balaclava users may not know how dangerous these garments really are.
    I myself have a woolly hat that, when its really cold I pull down over my eyes. Up till just now I didn't know how antisocial I looked.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

I actually dont know wether the balaclava posts are sarcastic or not :confused::confused::confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I actually dont know wether the balaclava posts are sarcastic or not :confused::confused::confused:

I'm hoping Brendan was joking.

ya can buy things to put on under the motorbike lids that are more or less balaclavas. Have a load of em. Ya get em free in fastbikes magazine every few months.

245246345_22e04daa1a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

Should really be banning the feuds instead,they are the real reason there is such chaos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

This whole thread has descended into one of the most stupid I've ever read.

Should be locked

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    I've seen worse.
    I presume the lads are only messing about banning the balaclavas. Bit radical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

heard that chipper does an 'axecellent' king burger meal....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement