Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to remove mods done to my xbox?

Options
  • 10-12-2009 4:12am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭

I want to play live and buy games legit etc..
    My xbox has either been chipped or flashed, not sure which, my bro had it done through a friend of friend and I havn't a clue about this stuff..
    IF it is possible, would there be any trace? as in, hypothetically, a few months down the road if I get a latest official patch/update would there be issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

We wrote: »
    I want to play live and buy games legit etc..
    My xbox has either been chipped or flashed, not sure which, my bro had it done through a friend of friend and I havn't a clue about this stuff..
    IF it is possible, would there be any trace? as in, hypothetically, a few months down the road if I get a latest official patch/update would there be issues?

Yes, if it's flashed it can be undone. You can probably remove chips with no problems too. This won't help you evade a Live! ban unless you haven't updated your dashboard version in about a year.

It's commonly believed that somewhere in one of the updates since then (probably in the August 2009 update) a subroutine was included in the dashboard to detect modified firmware/irregularities. This data would have been recorded, and re-verified over a course of time to prove irrefutably that you modded your console. All that remains is to connect to Live! so that this can be sent to Microsoft and they can issue your ban.

For most people, even if they reflash to legit firmware, it's too late.

Advertisement