Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting a Tiger Loop

• 10-12-2009 5:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know how to fit a Tiger Loop - this prevents air entering into the boiler/heating system. A mate of mine said he knew how to fit them, so when I got one he couldn't fit it - gob****e! I hope there's someone who knows the product I'm talking about and can advise how to fit it. We tried to fit it around the boiler/pump but couldn't. I'm guessing it can be attached to the oil line as it leaves the oil storage tank. Is this right or wrong because all help will be appreciated with this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I can do you one better. If the link is giving trouble let me know... A brilliant product. Although I must confess i have never fitted one. I seen them in use and am facinated by them... Your right your friend is a tool :D

http://www.westwoodproducts.com/tigerloop_article.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Thanks for the link Joey - only thing is I'd a day off to read all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You will have three connections of the TL, one where the main oil enters, then flow to burner and return from burner.

The TL will have to be quite close to burner, the burner connections are normally by the felxible burner hose, although it could probably be anywhere as long as you have two pipes going to burner.

On the TL you will see direction arrows, in and out, on the pump on the burner you will see the same arrows, match them up, you will have to screw grub screw into return to block by pass, read the instructions on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Thanks for the link Joey - only thing is I'd a day off to read all that.

You want to know the information but then dont want to read it. If I could edit I would sort that. The section explains it in detail. Considering your friend left you in the sh1t I thought you would need to understand it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

You want to know the information but then dont want to read it. If I could edit I would sort that. The section explains it in detail. Considering your friend left you in the sh1t I thought you would need to understand it.

The day off comment was a joke - of course I read it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭weefarmer

you will have to screw grub screw into return to block by pass, read the instructions on that one.

how important is this do u know, in all the ones i fitted i never used the grubscrew and so far have no problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

weefarmer wrote: »
    how important is this do u know, in all the ones i fitted i never used the grubscrew and so far have no problems

we found it had great importance, but only when we used the tiger loop in an application where the tank was 4 metres lower than the burner. It just wouldn't suck the fuel up.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭weefarmer

ok thanks, any of ones i fited were either level or above the burner

Advertisement