Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

attacthing videos on posts

Options
  • 10-12-2009 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

hello hows things

im having trouble trying to attach videos from youtube on my posts when i try to upload the videos it keeps saying invalid file.

am i doing it right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

If you enclose the video ID i.e. the v=TGXKCtHooHA part of the youtube url in
    tags then the video with display.

So http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGXKCtHooHA

Would be
    [.youtube]TGXKCtHooHA[/youtube]  - the . at [.youtube]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ok can you explain that a bit better in simpler terms im about thick:)

i click on attacthments a new window opens up it has upload from computer or upload from a url.

im aware i copy and paste the url from youtube into the box iv enclosed the end part like you said clicked on upload didnt work the whole url was the same keeps coming up invalid file and im still getting no where .

you lost me here bud completly can you break this down in simple terms im useless on computers, the below part is where im lost

Would be
    Code:
    [.youtube]TGXKCtHooHA[/youtube] - the . at [.youtube]

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You don't attach videos from YouTube to your posts, you embed them (just like Asok did above)

To do that, you get the YouTube video you want (say www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY123_5tga is the link). You copy the "xY123_5tga" part of the link (each YouTube video has a unique one) and then place it in your post between YouTube tags like this (removing the .'s I just put in)

[.youtube]xY123_5tga[/.youtube]

Your video should then appear :)

Advertisement