Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homevision: A disaster in public service.

Options
  • 10-12-2009 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, I'm at my wits end with this shower. I've posted in other another thread about my poor treatment, and have, previously been advised to complain to ComReg which I have done. That aside, I'd like your opinion/advice on the following:

Firstly, as a result of my previous issues, I cancelled my direct debit and now pay by cheque.

On Tuesday I arrived home from work to find my internet connection down, but my television working (they provide both). I rang them to report a fault after rebooting the gateway device (an my network components). I spent 30mins on hold, an opted to "leave a message and have an agent ring me back". Jiggs & reels aside, I eventually left a message with a person, who assured me they'd "log my call".
    Now I wasn't happy that I couldn't talk to an agent, so I complained via email yesterday morning. I also pointed out to them that their automated messaging service was broken. No one responded, & no agent contacted me.

I got home yesterday evening to find the internet was still down. I went through the process of logging a call again, and this time got through to an agent. I explained to her that my internet was down, and here's what I found out:
    • My account had been cancelled because I hadn't paid.
    • Homevisions policy is to bill for the coming month.
    • They hadn't received my cheque for the period 1/12/09 - 1/1/2010
    Is this right?
    Can a provider suddenly decide to seek bills for the coming period without notifying the customer?
    Can a provider remove service without notifying the customer at all?

I can't help but think I'm being victimised because of my outstanding complaints.

So, incensed, yesterday I started ringing other broadband providers. Unfortunately, I’m going to have to switch to a slower & contended service, but what else can I do, my TV is still bound to them. And as I’m in an apartment, it’ll take a while to get another TV provider. I’m also going to lodge a complaint with ComReg, but tbh what can I expect from them?

Any advice, as to what else I can do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Homevisions policy is to bill for the coming month.

Was that not always the way they did it?
    If they did change their policy then of course they have to tell you.

There is some info here
    Can a provider remove service without notifying the customer at all?

Well even if they can its prity bad form.
    And as I’m in an apartment, it’ll take a while to get another TV provider.

Have you tried NTL or Magnet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Was that not always the way they did it?
    If they did change their policy then of course they have to tell you.
    To be perfectly honest, I don't know. I was in the payment cycle so i never noticed. I paid the same amount every month, and that hasn't changed, but somewhere they determined I was "in arrears" and cut my service.
    Have you tried NTL or Magnet?
    Well NTL aren't allowed to run a cable over an Irish Rail bridge nearby us. Apparently. So they're not interested. I rang Magnet last night and am expecting a call back today after 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Well NTL aren't allowed to run a cable over an Irish Rail bridge nearby us. Apparently. So they're not interested. I rang Magnet last night and am expecting a call back today after 4.

Well hopefully they can provide a service there. I'm with them at the moment and haven't had any hassle with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Probably a blessing in disguise that NTL are unavailable as they also have atroscious/incompetant customer service as standard.

You should also post a turd to homevision with a little flag in it that says 'you suck'

Advertisement