Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patricia Callinan/Constantin Gurdgiev

Options
  • 10-12-2009 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Anyone see Vincent Browne last night?
    I cant believe thise 2 got out alive! Especially Mr Gurdgiev....

He more or less told the people of Fatima Mansions to shut up their complaining and be grateful to the middle Classes for paying for their food and clothes!!! :eek:

And of course Patricia with her usual "bring down the minimum wage" garbage.

I really hate that woman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

To be honest I thought that show was very unbalanced. Patricia Callan & Constantin Gurdgiev were not given the same chance or respect to put their opinions across unlike all the anti-cut brigade before them. Shameful television by Vincent Browne.

The point they were making was the tax paying base was constricting and something has to be done about this, that makes perfect sense. If they money ain't coming in then "their food and clothes!!!" cannot be paid for.

The time has come that people realise that Social Welfare is a benefit and not an entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

a girl i know was compaining about the rent allowance cuts (earlier in the year) yet she smokes 30 fags a day

anyone know if they did get out alive ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I doubt you could pack more vested interests into one room if you tried. Talk about unbalanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The whole production was a mess, completely one sided and lacking in any real balance. Callan & Gurdgiev were correct in the points they were making but of course this was lost in the moral outrage. Vincent, as a champion of equality showed no urgency to get balance and fairness in to the argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Liam79 wrote: »
    I really hate that woman

Patricia Callan's was one of the 4 paid full time officers in TCD student union in the mid 90s - I think welfare was her position. It is gratifying to see her turn on the weaker folk in gratitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement