Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name Pubs that do not pass on the Budget cuts in alcohol

Options
  • 10-12-2009 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

I think we should name the places that don't pass on the Budget cuts in alcohol to us. I'm not sure when it is supposed to take effect but it would be useful for giving negative publicity for the greedy ones

EDIT: I've been told (though I don't believe it) that how it works is that the brewer reduces what he sells byt 12c per pint when he sells it to the wholesaler who reduces it by 12c when he sells it to the pub who reduces it by 12c when he sells it. Can anyone say whether or not it works like that or is it just 12c?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

great idea tbh.. I wont be out much before xmas (dont get paid until the 18th) but it will be nice to know which pubs to avoid in the new year..

NAME AND SHAME!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

gonna be a long list...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Might be better to pass on the names of those who do pass on the cut.

Listing those who don't would probably place too much strain on the server...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

+1 with What stovelid said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

A measly 12 cent a pint?
    Big swing of a cat's fanny.
    A lot of thse places are charging 5.50-6 euro a pint already and thier margins are HUGE...they wont miss 12 cent a pint especially as they'll probably rort up the price of soft drinks or mixers.
    The govt should have reduced the price by a percentage of its existing price..say 10%..the pubs wouldnt be long about dropping thier prices to avoid being squeezed further.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Well places that have dropped it...

The Thirsty Bull, Tyrellstown, Dublin 15.
    All Pints have been reduced by 15cent, spirits have been reduced by 15cent and wine by €1 per bottle. These decreases come into effect immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Bit of a bandwagon idea tbh and I can't see it making a blind bit of difference.

Like seriously. First of all what about the tax that the pubs have paid on stock they have ordered for the Christmas? Like God forbid they might make smaller profit if they cut the price straight away but doubt that will happen. Do they have to implement this straight away
    '

Anyway, if I was to drink 10 or more pints on a night out i don't see what difference two fcuking Euro will make to my life afterwards.

People seriously need to cop on I reckon, shall we start a thread for this idea? Just to highlight the insignificance of the bs people rant on about.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Degsy wrote: »
    A lot of thse places are charging 5.50-6 euro a pint already and thier margins are HUGE...they wont miss 12 cent a pint
    The reason that they are charging those prices is because there are idiots out there willing to pay it. It might be more appropriate to name and shame them.

"The drink is not half dear enough" as my mother would say when she hears what some are willing to spend on alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

What a fail . . . everywhere I know has reduced prices

Advertisement