Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post parcel delivery, Dublin 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Just a quick question someone might know the answer to.

I live in Dublin 7 (Smithfield/Arbour Hill area). I'm getting a new phone delivered by An Post. If it happens that there's no one in the house when the postman calls where will the parcel get sent?

The website suggests it will be sent to one of the 3 main parcel depots in Dublin....but rather helpfully doesn't mention where these are located!
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/GeneralTemplates/FAQ.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID={6947AB34-1C54-478A-912C-90392E98C21F}&NRORIGINALURL=/AnPost/FAQs/PostalFAQs.htm&NRCACHEHINT=Guest#advancenotice

I'm just afraid that it'll end up in some depot on the outskirts of the city thats impossible to get at... Anyone had any experience of this?
    Also if anyone from the area happens to know what time roughly the postman does his rounds (morning/afternoon) in this area so I can make sure to be around at that time that would be helpful!

It will most likely go to the post office in Phibsborough, and you should be able to collect it there. The depot is around the back.

They are very inefficient, however. I get a lot of stuff delivered, and about one time in three they can't find it on my first visit. Your best bet is to be at home when it is delivered if you can manage it at all, or to alert a neighbour to look out for it.

Of course, the local postman sometimes doesn't bother bringing the package, and stealthily slips the "Could not deliver" form through the letterbox instead. But you'll get it eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Thanks Meeja. Yea there should hopefully be someone in the house if its delivered tomorrow like they said...but there always a chance they won't hear the door etc. I've also heard the stories of the packages not been brought out at all on the postmans route and going straight to the depot which was another reason I was worried.

It'll be grand if it ends up in Phibsborough ... I had visions of it ending up in some big depot on the outskirts of Tallaght or something, impossible to get at unless you have a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

I used to live in D1 & when I had to collect stuff that they couldn't deliver it was from Rutland Place just off O'Connell Street if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

It went to the phibsborough depot in the end, I got it *just* in time for my boyfriends birthday :)

Advertisement