Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBOOD.COM second hand Hardrive Sent

Options
  • 10-12-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

I purchased a 1TB hardrive from IBOOD.COM and when i received it hardrive box was already open.When i pluged it in there were a few files on it that someone else had put on it.
    Harddrive was sold as new.

Stay away from these guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I purchased a 1TB hardrive from IBOOD.COM and when i received it hardrive box was already open.When i pluged it in there were a few files on it that someone else had put on it.

Thats weird.
    Anything interesting on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Thats weird.
    Anything interesting on it?

NO Wish there was

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Was probably a return/refund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

jackncoke wrote: »
    Was probably a return/refund
    still second hand! and sold as new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 iBOOD

Dear joe250,

iBOOD.com is selling new products only, so we are very sorry to hear that the product you have received isn't new. This issue is currently being investigated with the highest priority. I want to let you know that I will personally keep you informed about the process and will contact you a.s.a.p.

Cheers,

Bobby

Team iBOOD.com

• Advertisement

Thanks but i am out of pocket now.
    Item sold as new but seal was broken hen received and files already on it.
    I now have to send back which i dont have time to and pay for postage out of my pocket.

iBOOD wrote: »
    Dear joe250,

iBOOD.com is selling new products only, so we are very sorry to hear that the product you have received isn't new. This issue is currently being investigated with the highest priority. I want to let you know that I will personally keep you informed about the process and will contact you a.s.a.p.

Cheers,

Bobby

Team iBOOD.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

joe250 wrote: »
    I now have to send back which i dont have time to and pay for postage out of my pocket.

They should refund you the postage costs. You will have to find the time, or someone, to go to the post office though.

jor el wrote: »
    They should refund you the postage costs. You will have to find the time, or someone, to go to the post office though.

Time is money.
    The way i see it is I purchased NEW hard drive and received second hand one.
    This is not my fault so why can they not send courier to collect it.
    I work when the post office is open so why should i take time off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Time is money.
    This is not my fault so why can they not send courier to collect it.
    I work when the post office is open so why should i take time off?

A risk of buying online, should be anticipated before the purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

matchthis wrote: »
    A risk of buying online, should be anticipated before the purchase

What do you mean 'should be anticipated'. Are we to 'anticipate' that every new item that is purchased online, that a 2nd hand product could arrive......Not me.

I 'anticipate' that what I receive is what has been described.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

bennyob wrote: »
    What do you mean 'should be anticipated'. Are we to 'anticipate' that every new item that is purchased online, that a 2nd hand product could arrive......Not me.

I 'anticipate' that what I receive is what has been described.
    Yeah, but poop happens. If you buy an item like this in a bricks and mortar shop, would you expect them to collect it from your house when faulty? Mistakes happen, companies are run by real people! If they are willing to sort it for you, as a mistake, then I think its not unreasonable to expect you to package it and return it at their expense. Noone lives a million miles from a post office. Its inconvenient maybe, but surely not the end of the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Time is money.

It is what it is, and mistakes happen. They need to confirm that what you've said is true though, and you need to send it back in order for them to do that. Have you no breaks? Do you work Saturdays? Is there absolutely nobody else that could post this for you?

jor el wrote: »
    It is what it is, and mistakes happen. They need to confirm that what you've said is true though, and you need to send it back in order for them to do that. Have you no breaks? Do you work Saturdays? Is there absolutely nobody else that could post this for you?

Eat On breaks(post office closed 1-2)
    Yes work saturdays and sundays(what recession?)
    No other people did not send wrong hard drive:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

joe250 you are one of the most stubborn people around to be honest with you. Sh1t happens then we grow old and die.

Why don't you use DHL or UPS or one of those type Couriers yourself? Pick up the phone and call them and they will collect off you. If Ibood are willing to pay the delivery then what is the problem with you making the arrangement.

Jebus some people are either pure lazy or stubborn or both. If the world was perfect we still wouldn't be happy.

This has gone off topic

Ibood.com sent second hand item is what thead is about not about if i am lazy or stubborn.

Please can we get back to topic

This has gone off topic

Ibood.com sent second hand item is what thead is about not about if i am lazy or stubborn.

Please can we get back to topic

We all know they sent a second hand HDD how many times have you said it in the thread. But you don't seem to get what happens when problems occur. If they ask you to send it back so they can replace it for you which is what will happen most likely they will also refund you the P&P. But what happens if they refuse to organise collection? Are you going to stamp your foot and refuse to send it because you don't want to have to make the effort? and thus keep the used HDD? I already made the suggestion to you about courier companies who will collect the items for you and the only hard work involved is a phone call. Im sure you can manage that from your place of work. At the end of it if you stay stubborn and Ibood don't arrange collection it looks like you are stuck with a second hand HDD. As by most consumer laws if they offer you the replacement they are covered even if that means you sending it and not them collecting it.

They did not offer replacement as they dont have them in stock

They did not offer replacement as they dont have them in stock

What have they offered you then?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

if it works, whats the problem?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Okay, keep the hdd if its too awkward to return it, and it works. Ask them for a goodwill gesture of some kind instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

relax m8, I'm assuming the files are removeable, it's not the end of the world
    and it being open doesn't mean it doesn't work
    imo you should just not buy off them again, rather than crying scam on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Start-My Computer- Local Disk D - Right Click - Format and Forget about it.

I wouldn't waste time on it as it is covered by manufaturers warranty.

There is also a chance that a replacement could get damaged in the post and for this reason I would always purchase a HDD over the counter, particulatly a 3 1/2".

Advertisement